RS36 Mikuni Flat Slide Carbs in an '82 Katana 1000 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RS36 Mikuni Flat Slide Carbs in an '82 Katana 1000 Question

Hello again folks! I just acquired a set of Mikuni RS36 flat slides for my '82 Katana 1000 for $400.00 including extra jets and a push/pull cable. I have a new Jardine 4 into 1 aftermarket exhaust on the bike and I'm going to install new K&N pod filters once the carbs get here. I have a Dyna Ignition that's going in as well. That all being said I was wondering whether I will need to rejet or not with these carbs. Apparently they move much more air than the stockers and the guy I bought them from said to try them out and see how it runs before rejetting. Any input would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Guest; 08-09-2006, 10:36 AM.

Originally posted by Guyver
    Hello again folks! I just acquired a set of Mikuni RS36 flat slides for my '82 Katana 1000 for $400.00 including extra jets and a push/pull cable. I have a new Jardine 4 into 1 aftermarket exhaust on the bike and I'm going to install new K&N pod filters once the carbs get here. I have a Dyna Ignition that's going in as well. That all being said I was wondering whether I will need to rejet or not with these carbs. Apparently they move much more air than the stockers and the guy I bought them from said to try them out and see how it runs before rejetting. Any input would be appreciated.
    They usually work just fine with the stock jetting they come with. If he gives you the paperwork on the carbs it will tell you which mains to run. The accelerator pumps may need a little tweaking.

Comment

I have the RS36's on my 1157cc bandit. I am using 130 mains with the pump on at 1/4 and off at 3/4 throttle. Needle is at baseline -3. They absolutely rock on the bandit.

Good Luck, Ed.
      2005 GSF1200SZ
      1992 Ducati 900SS
      1983 GS750ED

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver
        ...I have a new Jardine 4 into 1 aftermarket exhaust on the bike...
        Where did you get it?

Hap

Comment

Jardine Pipe

Hi Hap,

I bought the Jardine exhaust brand new just a few months ago from Star Cycle in California through their website after I talked to them and checked out Jardine's website as well. I believe they were $356.95. Perhaps it was somewhat more, I'm not really sure. I liked the way the exhaust looked and the fact that I could replace the canister later on with say a Yoshimura if I so desired. I'll list their website below. I checked and couldn't find the pipes I bought listed there or on Jardine's website. If you are interested I would call them to see if they still stock them. If needed I can give you my name and info and perhaps they can look up the part number I ordered that way. Meanwhile, here are some pictures of the pipes. ~Gene

Starcycle USA : Page Not Found - All Parts (By Type) Gift Certificates Bicycle Brakes Outdoor Power Equipment E-Mobility
          Last edited by Guest; 08-10-2006, 01:53 AM.

Comment

One More Picture

I can only upload one picture at a time for some reason. ~Gene

Comment

One More Picture

Click on the pics to make them larger. I uploaded the maximum file size the site would allow.

Comment

That's a great find....perhaps a left over NOS item they had on the shelf! May we have a rear view of the can, if its not too much trouble?

Tony.
                '82 GS1100E

Comment

New Pics Under the Performance Mods Forums

See the new pics I posted under Performance Mods, including the requested rear of the can shot. ~Gene

Comment

Working...
                  X