Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750 to 750 swap - is it possible?

Hey Guys,

I have this 1977 GS750 sitting around. The motor is all original and stock and I assume it is an 8 valve motor (although I haven't had the head off to verify). Recently a friend of mine offered to trade me a running 16 valve gs750 motor for some gt380 parts. Will this motor bolt right into my existing frame? is this a common swap? Or am I better off keeping the motor I have?

Keep the 8 valve motor you have where it is. The 16 valve would fit, but you wouldn't notice any performance upgrades and the 8 valve is a better motor to begin with (imho).

Comment

I have a 16 valve motor. I believe he would notice the difference. The roll on at 80 mph is very nice. For normal riding he probably won't notice. OTOH, The TSCC is supposed to be higher maintenance with plain bearings, a high pressure oil system and a wear problem with the cams. A new set of cams is north of $400. Your 8v has roller bearings and a low pressure oil system which is much more durable. If I had to pick a bike to ride across China I would go with my 82 550L over the 750T.

Comment

Working...
      X