Time It Takes to Synch Flat Slide Carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time It Takes to Synch Flat Slide Carbs

I dropped my Katana off yesterday at the local shop and they gave me an estimate of $150.00 to synch the RS36 carbs I installed. The bike runs fine with some very minor backfiring on deceleration. The shop charges $60.00 an hour and I can't see it taking 2 1/2 hours to synch carbs. Am I off on this or am I getting ripped off on this? ~Gene
    Last edited by Guest; 08-23-2006, 04:22 PM.

The will have quoted to, remove, clean & inspect the carbs before they try and synch them,they will most likely check plugs,and may end up adding adjusting valves as well.
    They have to as they have supply a warranty on there work,and should make sure the job is done correctly.

Dink

Comment

I have motion pro mercury sync tool. I would do it for free for you if you lived near me. But shops do have an overhead. what are you other options if you dont like the price?

Comment

I'm having it done...

I didn't think that they would be removing the carbs and such. I even gave them printed instructions on synching the carbs. I thought that was all they were going to be doing. My concern was the price when the shop up the street advised me they could synch my stock carbs in half an hour. I was wondering if the flat slides required a more complex approach. Anyway, its being done and I just bought new Scorpion helmets and hope to be on the road by the weekend. ~Gene

Comment

I don't know about the carbs that you have but I have a set of smooth bores made back in 82 at the newest, and here is the setup on them, each bodie has it's own vacume port built into it, so no dealing with the stuff on the head. The adjusters don't use lock nuts with the screws, can't remember what they do have, but I do remember that they hold pretty well. I would say with my setup that the carbs could be sync much faster then the stock CV's. I don't know for sure though as there is a long story and because of this the carbs were never installed.

Comment

Thanks for the Response

Thanks for the info on the carbs, I'm just learning about them myself. I like your Hobbes avatar. Calvin and Hobbes are two of my favorite characters. ~Gene

Comment

its should not take 2 and 1/2 hours but dont forget, there running a business, not a charity

Comment

Working...
              X