954 front end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

954 front end

I,ve been trying to absorb all the rules applying to a gsxr swap,but it seems like they are always changing.I read that a 2000 gsxr front end was put on a 82 1100e.I thought this was not possible.I think they mentioned pressing the stem out of the triple and replacing it with the stock one.Larry, please elaborate.Also,if a 954 triple works,...how about a whole front end and wheels .I'm tired of looking for old gsxr stuff.If I'm going to update the front end ,why not go as late model as possible?I mean second gen gsxr is still 15 years old.any news?

I've seen 2k and up stuff used by people here. If you stick to 750 front ends they are 50mm and can be used in the 954 triple. You have two options with the 954 triples. They came with tapered and roller bearings depending on the year. Either get one that used tapered bearings or swicth the neck races to use the rollers.

You could use a complete 954 front end but if you do you may have to adapt parts to use a GSXR wheel or you will have to use the 954 wheel.

Comment

From what I understand the newest front ends are too short to work in a GS chassis. You'll lose a lot of ground clearance and put your exhaust at risk.

Comment

Working...
      X