Performance Mods for GS550ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance Mods for GS550ES

Okay, I've had this bike 5 years tried to sell it but no takers. Now I have fallen in love with it again and want to step it up. Here is what I have. 1984 GS550ES 25,000 miles Runs well. I bought it for $200.00 with busted second gear. I had the transmission gone through, new 2nd gears new shift drum forks, bearings seals etc. and it works like new. I purchased a set of Mikuni two-barrel carbs off of eBay and a Vance and Hines four into one pipe. I also found a pair of cams that spec out like new. Compression is 125 PSI across all four cylinders hot holding wide open throttle. Book calls for 142 to 199 PSI. I put a little oil in each cylinder and it reads 200 PSI across the cylinders. I adjusted the valves before I did the compression tests. For my first stage I want to clean the carbs that are coming and then jet them? and do whatever has worked for others with the jet needle setting, and put on the Vance and Hines.
    How should I prepare the carbs. Come on Genius's out there Help......................!!!!!
    :-)

Guess I should have read further on the Forum for my answers as in just above. New to forum so will search more before I ask questions :-) Tom

Comment

Working...
    X