1983 GS750e Handlebar Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 GS750e Handlebar Question

I have an 83 GS750e its pictured in my sig. It has handlebars that have about a 3" rise to them, they bolt onto the forks at the top (this is way different than my previous bike, 1982 Nighthawk 450, where I could just set a new handlebar across the tripletree and clip bolt it on). I have searched the forums and just need help finding what my options are to lower/adjust my bars. Obviously buying new ones. I just don't know what to look for in parts. Please Help!! Thanks in advance!!!

-Jared

Easiest way to lower them is to mount bars from the ES model. They are about 2 inches lower and bolt up the same way as your current ones.

Aftermarket bars do exist but can be hard to find as they are no longer made.

Daytona was one aftermarket manafacturer back in the 80's, their bars are pictured below on my '83. These type of parts show up occasionally on ebay or other parts sites.

The '83 GS750E was an excellent model, enjoy.

Good Luck, Ed.

2005 GSF1200SZ
    1983 GS750ED
    1992 Ducati 900SS
    Last edited by Guest; 08-29-2006, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much! sweet looking bars, kinda what I'm looking for.

Comment

I must suggest the 1983 GS____es Handlebars...oh my GOD did they improve the way my bike feels. Skreemer had an extra set laying around and I traded him for my Stock Stalks...god do they rock...lower and tilted in JUST enough. So nice. SOOO NICE.

Comment

If you can find another set, let me know. I've been looking for months to do the same thing to mine. I have changed all the bodywork to the ES parts, just missing the bars...

Comment

Working...
          X