Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GS exhaust system upgrade which type?????????????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Road_Clam View Post
    We also need to compare apples to apples...... Just so I have my facts straight, are we comparing a V&H chrome meg system to a black painted MAC ? If so, of course chrome will far outlast black paint.....
    You are right, so maybe I should quit my bitching and just paint the dam thing. I like your setup, so maybe I will hunt around for a can and do something like you did.

It still ****es me off that it looks this crappy after such a short period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Road_Clam View Post
      We also need to compare apples to apples...... Just so I have my facts straight, are we comparing a V&H chrome meg system to a black painted MAC ? If so, of course chrome will far outlast black paint.....

You are correct. Very good point. I stereotyped I guess because you don't see as many black painted V&H pipes as you do the chrome ones even though they make them. The norm is usually a chrome V&H and a black painted MAC. Still, the black painted V&H pipes when compared to the MAC, well, look at Jim's pipes pic on the last page, that is what I have seen almost all MAC pipes do. I am not saying it hasn't happened but any V&H black pipes I have seen do not look like that after just one year. This is my beef with them man, they rust, rust, rust until they rot and fall apart. Just not worth it IMHO.

Comment

Chrome is great, reliable coating UNTIL it blues from improper jetting..... Once chrome is blued, generally speaking they are blued forever. Rust on black painted headers can simply be scotch-brite scuffed clean, than a quick coat of header paint, and it looks good as new.

Comment

Generally speaking I think the Mac quality a few notches below that of V&H.
          Last edited by Guest; 09-09-2006, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by katanarama View Post
            Generally speaking I think the Mac quality a few nothes below that of V&H.
            Yup, thats also why the MAC system is about $70 less than the VH

Comment

Working...
            X