Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS/GSXR rear brake

Hey guys,
    I am puting a 92-93 750 gixer front end with a matching rear tire on my gs700. I need a rear brake, I know that I have to do a little modding to fit my swingarm with a new brake for the smaller rotor (and rotate it 180 deg). What I don't want to do is buy a new shiny brake set up off a 2000 that won't fit, does anyone know what years I can use.
    Thanks

Originally posted by MADAWG_70 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I am puting a 92-93 750 gixer front end with a matching rear tire on my gs700. I need a rear brake, I know that I have to do a little modding to fit my swingarm with a new brake for the smaller rotor (and rotate it 180 deg). What I don't want to do is buy a new shiny brake set up off a 2000 that won't fit, does anyone know what years I can use.
    Thanks
    Well, I recently bought a '93 GSXR brake for cheap ($21) for my GS1000 on eBay. I'll let you know how the installation goes.

Comment

Wow that is cheap. Good luck on the install. Any pics?

Comment

Originally posted by MADAWG_70 View Post
        Wow that is cheap. Good luck on the install. Any pics?
        Still waiting for it to arrive in the mail. I'll keep you posted. Hoping this will improve rear braking performance.

Comment

I'm funning a Hayabusa rear caliper on my '82 1100E/'93 GSXR wheel with an RF 900 rotor. The caliper ran me $9 and the rotor was $6. Oh, yeah the rear master was $15, also a Hayabusa unit. I might have been able to run the GS master but the rebuild kit was more than the whole (more or less) new master.

Comment

Nice, do you have to fab a bracket for that?

Comment

Busa caliper,
              GSXR1100 K model hanger,
              Busa disc.
              Busa torque arm.

Cheers

Ed

Comment

The only fabbing needed is to move the torque arm bracket underneath of the swingarm to accomodate the upside down caliper. I have a list of interchanges for rotors, calipers, etc., if you're interested.

Comment

post that list!

RJ, can you post that list of interchanges? I think there will be many visitors to this thread who will want to know that info. Thanks![-o<

Comment

Good job RJ, it looks pretty clean. How the hell did you find those parts that cheap? I would love to upgrade, that info would be great.

Comment

Rear rotros and calipers
                      Hayabusa all years
                      '88-'95 GSXR 750
                      '89-'98 GSXR 1100
                      '01-'05 Bandit 1200
                      '98-'05 Katana 750
                      RF900 all years
                      I know the GSXR caliper hangers for the years above will work, I'm not sure about other years or models.

Comment

Originally posted by RJ View Post
                        Rear rotros and calipers
                        Hayabusa all years
                        '88-'95 GSXR 750
                        '89-'98 GSXR 1100
                        '01-'05 Bandit 1200
                        '98-'05 Katana 750
                        RF900 all years
                        I know the GSXR caliper hangers for the years above will work, I'm not sure about other years or models.
                        On the 700 you need a Katana 600 hanger due to the smaller axle size.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.

Comment

Working...
                          X