1000 upgrade to 1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000 upgrade to 1100

will 1100 cylinders and heads of the 2v or 4v variety fit on my gs 1000 or is the stroke different? thanks

Number of valves are different obviously.
    They don't line up...........

I'm sure someone will chime in it can be done.............with a torch and cutting blades..........
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

you should be able to use the head from an 1100G.
      Feel The Pulse!

1982 GS1100E with Tracy one piece body
      2007 Roadstar Midnight Warrior

ebay cntgeek

Comment

I have never done this in principal. In theory you would need to strip half the engine down, removing the head, barrels and pistons then replacing these with GSX parts. You might have to replace some of the engine studs to make it fit.
        The problem comes with the carbs as the GS ones are narrower than the GSX's so a change of carbs and front air box would have to take place which brings into play re-jetting.

I don't think there's much in it with the cam chain. As for stroke, I'm not sure off the top of my head.

If you want more power why not get a 1085 wiseco bigbore kit, put in fast road cams! This will give as much power as a standard GSX1100!

Suzuki Mad.
        GS1000ET 1981
        GSX1100ESD 1983

Comment

gs/gsx

the top ends off the 16 valve motors cant be put on the 8 valve bottom ends, and i cant see why you would want to, the tscc head from the 1100 16 valve motor wont work with the 8 valve bottom end, simple as that. you could spend a small fortune in order to make your bike slower less poweful and less efficient, and you could do that for mothing by taking a ht cap off!!
          best bet is the 1080 big bore kit for the gs 1000, using the stock head, or, how about fitting the complete 16 valve gsx motor instead, it will go in the frame, using the same mounts, and you will gain probably 10 to 15% more power instantly without having to tune anything. then there are a shedload more tuning goodies for the 16 valve motor than there are for the 8 valve. but dont bother trying to build a hybrid motor out of the 8 and 16 valve lumps, it wont work. the only motor changeround in the gs series is the 850 top end dropping straight onto the 750 cases.

Comment

Working...
          X