GS1000 Ninja Brake mod w/ pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done.

Still some detail work left to do, but the brakes are outstanding! Two fingers, no rear brake. Sweet! :-D
    I use 1" pvc spacers in the forks and 20 weight fork oil.

Last edited by Guest; 09-13-2006, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 8trackmind View Post
      Still some detail work left to do, but the brakes are outstanding! Two fingers, no rear brake. Sweet! :-D
      I use 1" pvc spacers in the forks and 20 weight fork oil.

Stoppies??!!??

Comment

Originally posted by Road_Clam View Post
        When you find out let me know.......
        I'm letting you know...It works well.

Originally posted by Ninja_Lancer View Post
        Stoppies??!!??
        No...I didn't dare try. My intention was only a shakedown run close to home in case I missed anything.
        One loose nut behind the handlebars is more than enough.

You need to come by and ride it so I'll have some proof.
        (I don't think anyone believes that the 550 idea worked either)
        Last edited by Guest; 09-14-2006, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Jeff, people on here don't believe anything. They are all gun shy from years of BS That and a few are mildly delusional 8-[

Comment

Nice! Time to remove them and polish them up then?

Comment

Originally posted by bgmart450 View Post
              Yeah, I'm looking forward to the pair of bling Ninja calipers. I'll get him one of the barbed wire license plate frames to go with them!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar View Post
                Jeff, people on here don't believe anything. They are all gun shy from years of BS That and a few are mildly delusional 8-[
                I don't want to dredge up "that thread" (burning brillo) but it is funny how people react to thinks they may not have thought of otherwise. :?
                I'm sure six months from now, somebody will do something like this and it'll be the best thing since sliced bread.

Comment

Originally posted by bgmart450 View Post
                  Yes. :-D... and drill the rotors, and paint the brackets, and put all the fastners back with loctite.

I'll get him one of the barbed wire license plate frames to go with them!
                  Maltese Cross mirrors...and purple neon so it looks like a bug zapper...

Comment

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the pair of bling Ninja calipers. I'll get him one of the barbed wire license plate frames to go with them!
                    OMG - did you say "bling"?!?!?!

http://www.whiteninjacomics.com/fanart/fa-bling.shtml

Comment

Maltese Cross mirrors...and purple neon so it looks like a bug zapper...

Comment

I don't want to dredge up "that thread" (burning brillo) but it is funny how people react to thinks they may not have thought of otherwise. :?
                        I'm sure six months from now, somebody will do something like this and it'll be the best thing since sliced bread.
                        You and I are on the same wave length buddy

Comment

You and I are on the same wave length buddy
                          I know what you mean. 8-[

FWIW, I finally have confidence in the brakes. So much that I actually rode it to work today. \\/
                          The Achilles heel of the elderly UJM's would have to be the brakes.
                          Now that it's a non-issue, I can enjoy the bike even more!
                          The brakes have already paid for themselves in more ways than one. :-D

Comment

The early GS1000 was surely not known to be a good stopper. I never had an issue though with the stock brakes though other than that you do have to lay a heavy hand on them to do anything. I can stop a 1000 with single disk front brakes almost as good as any other bike I ride though. It seems wrong and is worth an upgrade but simply squeezing harder is all that is needed. Admittedly, I have a way higher than average grip. My chiropractor measured my grip on his grip-o-meter thingy at close to almost twice what the average male my age is. No crud comments now, it's just a fact

Comment

The early GS1000 was surely not known to be a good stopper.
                              Amen. :?
                              Since I have to make do with my little "girlie-hands", I feel I've made the right choice.
                              You know, I've only got $40.00 in this mod, right? Thats cheaper than two sets of pads!

Comment

Amen. :?
                                Since I have to make do with my little "girlie-hands", I feel I've made the right choice.
                                You know, I've only got $40.00 in this mod, right? Thats cheaper than two sets of pads!
                                And worth more than every penny of it

Comment

Working...
                                X