1100 Nitrous System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1100 Nitrous System

I was looking through the gallery a little while ago and I saw that someone had successfully installed a nitrous system with a few mods. If I remember right he said that the kits sold for these bikes have the injectors screwed right into the rubber intake boot but he had said that after it basically destroyed his boots he made a custom setup. Does anyone know what that was? Or does any one else have experience in installing nos on theses bikes?

Note I am running pod filters right now so I cant dry spray it. But I doubt that I could be run through the airbox without a ram air intake system.

Adam

I wonder if there is a way to install the nitrous into the carb synch holes?
    85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Yeah I was thinking that as well but they might not be big enough. Also do you think that the injection would mix properly that close to the intake valves?

Adam

Comment

What you need is machined alloy adaptor plates that fit between the cylinder inlet ports and the carb rubbers. Into which feed the fuel/nitrous lines

Comment

Originally posted by NitroGS View Post
          What you need is machined alloy adaptor plates that fit between the cylinder inlet ports and the carb rubbers. Into which feed the fuel/nitrous lines
          Is that how yours is set up? Do you have any pics of the adapter plates?
          85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
          79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Yes, it is my friend. I will get some pics for you as soon as I return home (on vacation at mo)

Comment

That would be great, thanks.

Adam

Comment

My dragbike was set up for nitrous when I got it.
                The fogger nozzles were screwed into 1/16th NPT drilled and tapped holes on the underside of the intakes. You would have to take the head of to have that done I believe.

(One of the first things I took OFF the bike.)

Bob T.
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  My dragbike was set up for nitrous when I got it.
                  The fogger nozzles were screwed into 1/16th NPT drilled and tapped holes on the underside of the intakes. You would have to take the head of to have that done I believe.

(One of the first things I took OFF the bike.)

Bob T.

Thats the best place for the nozzles, in the head. APE makes plates for the GSXR as an example.

http://aperaceparts.com/nos.html

Nozzles in the boots work but are ultimately a pain. You cant dry shot a carbed motor..You need more fuel. You will need a non vaccum petcock with 2 outlets.

Last edited by gsbill; 09-25-2006, 08:13 PM.
                  EULC ON

Comment

If you want good nitrous advice go to dragbike.com and look for user pm720. tell him I said hi and sent you over. He has lots of experience with Suzuki's and nitrous. Also check with technoman64, he will probably chime in anyway.Post in the nitrous shop thread.
                    EULC ON

Comment

Thanks a lot I appreciate it.

Adam

Comment

A buddy of mine directed me to the orientexpress website. They have listed in their catalog the aluminum manifold adapters so you dont have to drill the rubber.

Adam

Comment

Adam,

I would double check those adapters. I could not find them on the OE site but I suspect they are for a 1000, not an 1100. I do not think they will work. Look at your stock manifolds and I think you can see the difference. On my street bike I just screwed them into the rubber boots. If you angle them in a bit they are kinda hard to see if you get my drift! I only had a problem with #3 blowing out on occasion because I drilled the hole too big. A piece of safety wire fixed this. The bike ran 9.07 @ 150 with this setup. This being said the best method is screwed into the bottom of the port in the head. Don't worry about getting too close to the valves with your street motor, we are closer than you can get on our Pro Mod.

Like someone else said, you MUST run a WET system here.

In our PM conversation we missed a couple of things. I think you are planning on a conservative setup but I would STRONGLY suggest you put a good clutch basket in it. One with the HD backing plate at an absolute minimum. Also, you should look into getting the crank welded at your earliest conveinence and get the trans undercut at the same time. This will aid long term reliability. Try and make it a habit to pull in the clutch at the end of a run and use the brakes to stop the bike, not the engine. Your alternator rotor just might thank you.

Keep up the questions.

Scott

Comment

Hey Scott. Good to see you posting to two websites now.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                            X