pimping out my 83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pimping out my 83

I just picked up an engine form a 96 kawasaki ZX6R that I am going to drop into my 83gs550ef. What I need to know now is What swingarm will fit my bike the best so I can have a decent sized rear tire on it? I can weld and fab things up easily enough but I want to do the least ammount of work possible

Welcome to the GS Resources!!

Sticking a completely different brand of motor on the GS sets up all sorts of issues that the majority of us simply don't have the past experience onhand to answer with. Perhaps somebody whose done a lot of custom GS work will have some ideas, but don't be too surprised if you're breaking new ground here. Sounds like a great project though! Take lots of pictures and post your progress as you go -- We'll all be interested to see the finished project!

Good Luck and Regards,

Comment

Good luck!!!

You'll need it...

i'd stick with the stock swingarm/monoshock..
      1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

If I can get away with keeping the old swingarm inplace I will, I push this thing pretty hard and I know I am going to need to replace the front end as well.

Comment

You're probably not going to fit more than a 140 width tire in the stock swingarm. Even a GS700 or 750 swingarm would help. I have a 160 mounted in my stock swingarm on a 4.5" wheel. Any of the GSXR swingarms will probably involve removing metal from the frame at the swingarm pivot points then fabbing up shock and lever mounting points.

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
            X