1982 650G exhaust questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 650G exhaust questions

i've had my bike for 3 years now and i'm looking at purchasing a new exhaust system. I've been looking for a while now and i'm having a hard time finding anything for my bike. So any links would be great! I'd also like to have somthing that isnt incredibly loud but sounds better then stock.
    ANY info would be great!

Thanks for all the help
    Brian

good luck.. I've been searching for a V&H or a kerker for my 650 for months now...

no luck..

there's a few stock ones on ebay, but that's about it for now
    1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

MAC makes an exhaust for the 650

Comment

There is a company on ebay that has 4 into 1 mac with magaphone and replaceble baffle and a 2 into 2 with turnouts. The 4 into 1 is $289 and the turnouts are $329 for a complete system with hardware.Im looking too but dont want to spend that kind of jack.

Comment

Originally posted by duane View Post
          I got the MAC 4 into 2 (turnouts) and they are much quieter than my homebrew design, which had quite a "distinctive bark" (according to my neighbours), but louder than stock and seem to have the correct backpressure for the engine. The bike shop here claims that the MAC 4 into 1 would have produced a deeper, throatier sound with the same backpressure characteristics. All in all I'm happy with my installation and I particularly like the looks of the two tailpipes on my bike.

Comment

I have a MAC 4-1 system on my bike and like the way it looks/sounds.

Riding the bike it is not very loud at all, behind the bike/under full throttle it is pretty loud. I wear a helmet so it doesnt sound loud to me but some of the guys that I ride with that dont wear helmets say it is definatly loud when I hammer it.

I tried it a couple of times with the baffle out, and it sounds mean as hell........but it is a cop magnet deluxe in that form LOL.

Jetting wise, I am running K&N pods, and Dyno Stage 3 jet kit (I had to play with the main jetting a little from what the kit suggested) and it runs great.

Comment

Working...
            X