Uncorked the 1150e!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncorked the 1150e!

With my 1229 motor w/cams,headwork, the factory Vance+Hines meg. baffle didn't breath well. So I ordered a 2.5in.comp baffle from Kerker, man what a deal! The RS flatslides mix like there set up to do. Pretty loud, but I'll just have to be cool w/ the throttle. Rode around with the baffle out, just did like "back in the day" stick the ol' toe of the shoe in the pipe if i saw the po-po! Kerker is 'perty proud of thier piece, 100.00 bucks! Oh well, no one said horsepower came cheap. The baffle fit right up too if anyone was thinking of this.. See ya! A.J.

Id like to see a pic of it. Im in need of replacing my Supertrapp baffle on my 1100E. I think yours may be the same as mine but with a Kerker name on it now since they joined. Mines all scuffed etc and was thinking about one of these new badass carbon fiber jobby's with a turndown but none have a 2.5 inch inlet.
    Whats the part # of yours? can I see it on the web at their site?

Comment

Baffled...

Hi Mike. What I was saying was that I installed a KERKER baffle in my Vance/Hines megaphone pipe, and it fit without a hitch. If you have a cannister style, it may not work. The opening of both kerker and V+Hines is 4in. Part no. is 100-6357 2.5in. competition baffle. It's almost as loud as the megaphone wide open but it doesn't "funnel" and deeeeep! Also, make sure your motor is set up for it because of no backpressure. Peace, A.J.

Comment

vance and hines used to make a comp baffle for the megaphone exhaust. I think they still might. I used one for ever and loved it

Comment

Working...
        X