Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

??? Mikuni Flat Slides or Keihin Flat Slides ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

??? Mikuni Flat Slides or Keihin Flat Slides ???

I was wondering what opinions are out there on Mikuni Flat Slides, RS36 for example, in comparison to Keihin FCR Flat Slides. Does one outperform the other or are they pretty comparable? I have a set of Mikuni Flat Slides and I was looking to buy another set when I ran across some auctions on Ebay for Keihins. ~Gene

I don't know about performance differences, I bought the RSs because they have a choke and the FCRs don't.

You can buy the FCRs from a lot more places, though, I noticed.

Comment

The Mikuni's are a few hundred bucks cheaper to start and are more common. They are an excellent street carb, I have RS36's on my '05 Bandit 1200. They are very easy to tune and have a choke circuit. Overall an excellent street choice.

I believe the FCR's are a little more hard edged. Never had a set on an inline 4 but I do have FCR 41's on the Ducati. They are also very tuneable but a real PIA without choke on cold starts. The battery must be left on a tender as multible attemps at start are common. They probably have an edge in performance as well.

If you want a good street carb, I'd go with the Mikuni's. If you are an serious tuner who does not mind losing some street manners in trade for all out performance, the FCR's would be my choice.

Either way, both are light years ahead of stock CV carbs in performance.

Good Luck, Ed.

1983 GS750ED
      2005 GSF1200SZ
      1992 Duc 900SS

Comment

Somebody has a set of Keihins for sale in parts for sale:-D :-D :-D

Is that tootin yer own horn or what??:-D

Comment

Working...
        X