Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil temp gauge... anyone tried one of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil temp gauge... anyone tried one of these?

85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
    79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

oil temp

Really cool ,where did you get it?

Comment

Originally posted by michael mathews View Post
      Really cool ,where did you get it?
      I don't have one, yet. They are available on ebay for $55.00, and screw into where your oil fill plug is. I question their accuracy.
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

That gauge will peg out. Save the $55.00. Look at the factory gauges and you will see that they start about where this one will be maxed out (-:

Comment

I'm guessing its C not F

Comment

yeah, they are registering in celsius. Made in Germany. I'm sure I don't need it... I have an oil cooler on my 1000...but it looked cool. It shows 120 deg. at the start of redline... which would be 248 deg. F.
            Last edited by renobruce; 10-21-2006, 10:14 PM.
            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

For those of us that don't have oil temp gauges, this might be a nice-to-have item. I might be willing to give one a try. Hey Bruce, how 'bout shooting me the ebay link.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom MLC View Post
                For those of us that don't have oil temp gauges, this might be a nice-to-have item. I might be willing to give one a try. Hey Bruce, how 'bout shooting me the ebay link.

The item ended, but he lists them all the time. He's in England. The listing is for a KZ1000, KZ900, but I sent him a question regarding fitment and he says:

Hi again, just found out this gauge fits gs750, gs850, gs650, gsx750e, gs1100c, gsx1100e-84, you might know than if it's good for your GS1000 even though it's not listed, Cheers

The oil fill plug for these bikes is the same for the 1000. I was going to buy one and put it on my 1150 to get a comparison on the temp reading, but the plug on it is smaller.

I'm also trying to see if I can import these in from Germany and get a better deal for everyone. I don't see anyone in the US selling these.
                85 GS1150E May '06 BOM

Comment

Originally posted by lecroy View Post
                  I'm guessing its C not F
                  How stupid of me....I'm still stuck in the deg.F world (-:

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
                    [URL]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
                    I'm also trying to see if I can import these in from Germany and get a better deal for everyone. I don't see anyone in the US selling these.
                    Put me down for one mate! Cheers, Terry.

Comment

Working...
                    X