Please help..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help..

Hey guys... can anyone tell me what these forks are from? Or better yet, if they'll fit my 1980 gs550e?

They're on ebay now... I'll kindly ask for you guys not to buy them now... I'm trying to fix my bike.

Here's what the seller says...

GS NICE SET OF FORKS ,LOWERS HAVE BEEN POLISHED VERY NICE AND BLOCKOFF PLATES INSTALLED, TOP TREE IS CHROME ,BUT STARTING TO PIT. ALSO COMES WITH 7/8 DRAGBARS AND AXEL

1980 Gs550e....Not stock...

The block off plates indicate that they are from an '82 to '83 GS1100E or a '84 to '85 GS1150E.

Hap

Comment

The block off plates appear to be the correct shape, but those triples don't look to be from an 82/83 GS1100...probably an 1150.

Meausure the diameter of the fork tubes. If they are 38's, then they could be from a GS1100...if they are 41, then they are from an 1150 or those could even be 1 generation gsxr forks. The more I look at them, the more those triple trees look like gsxr trees (I have a set from an 88 1100, and those look VERY similar)....
      Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that!

Comment

I'm sure you could make them fit I WOULD be conserned with the length

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius086 View Post
          The block off plates appear to be the correct shape, but those triples don't look to be from an 82/83 GS1100...probably an 1150..
          I agree, they don't look like my 83 forks, but the tree does look like my 84 1150.

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
            I'm sure you could make them fit I WOULD be conserned with the length
            So would these be too short or too long? I'm afraid i dont understand.

I plan on swapping the whole thing onto my gs550e if i plan on going through with it...
            1980 Gs550e....Not stock...

Comment

If those are from an 1100 or 1150, wouldn't they be too stiff for a 550?

Comment

Working...
              X