No announcement yet.

Japan loves the Katana - check it out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you think cars and bikes are aren't the best investment, it would floor you seeing what's left, value-wise after a couple of years on some of the high-performance boats my company sells. New = $750K...3yrs.old = 350K...ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by Guyver View Post
      Add to that a cherry '77 Early Bronco, last of the good ones
      We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.......8-)

'79 Bronco = last of only two years offered full-size Bronco w/solid front axle AND gear-driven (NP205) transfer case. Dana 44 front, Ford 9" rear, optional captain's buckets with 351M or 400M and 4-spd standard or C6 automatic.

Now, for twisting between trees and extreme rock climbing, I'd probably go with the smaller body style, but I love MUDDIN'.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming........

Comment

Is that really a Suzuki OEM Oil Cooler?

Originally posted by Guyver View Post
        I would have bought on of the five Final Edition Katanas that Yoshimura reworked. The bike ended production in Japan, mostly unchanged from the original, in 2000 with the Final Edition.
        The write-up says that the oil cooler is the original part. I had no idea they produced the Katana through 2000. This is EXACTLY what I need for my 82 Kat. I wonder how I can order one? Does anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Get the oil cooler, lines and oil filter cover of an 1150; bolt on mod.

Dink

BTW "Original Part" means custom made.

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
            I noticed you American guys say this when spending money on cars & bikes.... surely unless it's something pretty old & rare it can never be an investment only an expense. Most times you are lucky to get your money back let alone any increase.

As an investment anything with an engine is pretty poor stock....

Just wondering where the terminology comes from. I know guys who say they are "investing" in their big old (brand new) Chevy truck... well it already took a huge knock when they took it out the garage & will be worth a shadow of what they've paid when they've finished the payments... I don't get it... :shock:

Anyone care to educate me?? \\/

Dan
            If you get Speedvision (or speedtv as its now called), watch the Barrett-Jackson classic car auctions...I saw a Plymouth Barracuda (1970 Hemi) fetch $420,000 lately:shock: .....even 36 years later, a pretty good return!

Tony.
            '82 GS1100E

Comment

Originally posted by Dink View Post
              Get the oil cooler, lines and oil filter cover of an 1150; bolt on mod.

Dink

BTW "Original Part" means custom made.
              Dink, are you sure the 2000 Katana's didn't have an oil cooler? The 1150 oil cooler doesn't fit between the frame so you can't locate it where the fake oil cooler bottom cover is located. (The Katana has small side covers below the front cowling) If you look at the Yoshi picture you will see what I am looking for. The 1150 is wider than the frame and locates in front of the cowling and covers.

Comment

The 2000 model did not have an oil cooler ex-factory.
                The Yoshi Katana does not have an oil coler that fit between the frame rails, the oil cooler replaces the "cover" between the two filler panels and mounts in front of the frame rails.
                So without getting a custom made one done the easiest way to add one is how I suggested, another option is to find an auto trans cooler off a car, get linesmade up. However you do iy you must add an 1150 oil filter cover; or modify yours, as otherwise the oil will just bypass the cooler and go through the oil filter instead.

Dink

Comment

Go to www.advantage-net.co.jp/KATANAEVOLUTION.html they have EVERYTHING you dont need, but WANT anyway !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mysuzyq View Post
                    If you get Speedvision (or speedtv as its now called), watch the Barrett-Jackson classic car auctions...I saw a Plymouth Barracuda (1970 Hemi) fetch $420,000 lately:shock: .....even 36 years later, a pretty good return!

Tony.
                    Know where you're going here, lots of classic cars eventually appreciate but lots of vehicles don't too.... A GM truck that's being used everyday is not going to come back up in value for 40 years plus & then mostly due to inflation & if it's not trashed. Surely that can't be an investment.

It'll be sold for a loss 35 years before then or sooner for sure....

Where we're at with the 20 year old machines I think they've kind of just started to really stabilise, if they're in good cond & you don't spend a bunch you should get most of it back.

The only other machines I know that don't lose a packet are speciality ones such as the kit car I have in the UK...

The phraseology just interested me, I'm still learning the language out here... :-D

Dan
                    1980 GS1000G - Sold
                    1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                    1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                    1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                    2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                    1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                    2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I am not usually a huge fan of sportbikes, but that is one heck of a bike. I have always been partial to bikes you can see through, they always seemed more honest to me. Plus, that one has a naked/streeetfighter look that just draws me in.

Comment

Working...
                      X