Aftermarket Exhaust Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket Exhaust Question

I need to buy an aftermarket exhaust for either my Katana 1000, and switch the Jardine that's on it to my GS1100E, or for my GS1100E to replace the aging Vance & Hines it has. I don't want to go with another Vance & Hines because the chrome looks like crap in short order on the head pipes. I like the Jardine and how it sounds; however, it's $400.00 and I'm considering alternatives like adapting a Yoshimura system or a D & D system. I've done some searching in the archives and found some good info, just not enough to make a decision. Does anyone know whether a D & D system for a GSXR 750, 1990 to 1992, or GSXR 1100, 1993 to 1998, would fit with minimal modifications?

I am looking at those and two Yoshimura systems, one for a 1997 to 1998 GSX1100F Katana, which I found a write-up on in the archives. I am also checking to see if a Yoshimura system for a 1981 to 1982 Yamaha Seca 750 will work. So far the measurements are good , the overall width of the head pipes is 1/2 inch narrower than the head pipes for my bike and I'm waiting to hear about the distance from the top bend to the bottom bend. Any one know anything that's damn near bolt up and readily available, other than the Vance & Hines? I want to hear a D & D and see how they sound. I might have to get the Jardine and put a D & D can on it later on. That's an expensive solution though; however, it did allow me to keep my center stand and oil plug access on the Katana.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-01-2006, 03:47 AM.

Why not order a brand new Yoshi for it?? Yoshi part number 110-191-8250 full titanium system, with stainless can.

Dink

Comment

Checking into it

Thanks Dink, I appreciate it. I was lead to believe that Yoshimura no longer makes an exhaust for it. However, I figured they did in Japan, given that the bike was still in production through 2000 and was basically unchanged. Hopefully I can get one. I contacted the distributor her in California and they are sending an e-mail to Yoshimura Japan to check the price and availability. I tried finding the exhaust on Yoshimura's website to no avail. I have also sent them an e-mail. Do you have any idea of the cost of the system? I assume it will be high because it's Ti. ~Gene

Comment

Any chance that particular or another Yoshi system would fit on a '80 GS1000E? It looks trick and my V&H is starting to rust even though it's only a few years old. ](*,) I would LOVE to go to an upswept canister design for the extra ground clearance and for the look.

Comment

Gene which Yoshi site did you look at?? the useless US one or the Japanese one? http://yoshimura-shop.netmove.co.jp/...c_cycl3_e&l=en
          BTW have a bit of a look around.

Dink

Comment

Working...
          X