What do you think about this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think about this?

Today I pulled the Jardine exhaust off of my Katana and put it on my GS1100E to see how it looks as I was considering ordering one for it. The exhaust looks great on the Katana and I'm getting used to it on the GS1100E. It sounds great and I have the back support mocked up on it right now while I decide what to do.

I guess I'm just so used to the old Vance & Hines megaphone that it's hard to wrap my head around a newer style exhaust on the bike. Do you think the Jardine exhaust works with the bike or that the Vance & Hines looks better?

The engine will have the Suzuki black engine emblems next week that should help tie into the Jardine's black exhaust pipes off. Mikuni RS36 Flat Slides too, which have black tops. I have a Corbin Gunfighter seat in all black, with a much more modern look coming on Friday. Maybe that will work better with the Jardine exhaust than the Old School looking seat it has now. I think the Jardine exhaust looks good I guess that I'm just too used to the Vance & Hines Old School look.

Jardine Exhaust System
    0.00%
    Vance & Hines Megaphone
    100.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Guest; 11-02-2006, 02:09 AM.

Old school bike = Old school muffler. Go with the V&H.

Comment

I actually bought a GSXR 1000 stock exhaust with the tri-y type of design instead of the headpipes all dumping into the collector at once. That should give me some extra ground clearance and increased low to mid range torque. It doesn't fit the head of course so I'm going to have to play with reshaping the down tubes. I got it for cheap so if it doesn't work it won't hurt my feelings too much.

Comment

Working...
      X