1978 gs750 turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1978 gs750 turbo

i got the thing running pretty well, pulled turbo apart removed excess carbon, soaked carb, tuned it to the best of my ability, went and bought some 110 octane and off I went, the bike is almost too much to ride, at 7k its almost pushing 20 lbs of boost. Would love to get it out to a track and find out what it can do. So far I have put about 100 miles on it, with no ill affects. Thanks for all your help guys

Where are you located?

Comment

20lbs of boost ?

holy crap, what engine mods have you done? I can't imagine the lower end staying in one piece for a long time
      1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

That should be pretty fun. I'm glad you got your turbo stuff worked out. Good thing you got 110 octane. You really have to watch with turbo motors as they can start to run lean real quick and that can cause serious problems. Happy Boostin'.

Comment

i am in keene newhampshire, you?

Comment

Originally posted by rspector View Post
            i got the thing running pretty well, pulled turbo apart removed excess carbon, soaked carb, tuned it to the best of my ability, went and bought some 110 octane and off I went, the bike is almost too much to ride, at 7k its almost pushing 20 lbs of boost. Would love to get it out to a track and find out what it can do. So far I have put about 100 miles on it, with no ill affects. Thanks for all your help guys
            I remember reading that the turbo you got with this bike is a Rayjay. They are fairly sturdy units with a low pressure supply. However they are still vulnerable to out=of=balance conditions. Did you mark and re-align the turbine shaft and compressor wheel? If not you might have started an imbalance that will shorten the life of the rotating assembly quite considerably. I have a turbo rebuilding business and will give a very good enthusiast deal on rebalancing just to help you keep this turbo from grenading. This is not an advertisement or a fishing for work. I just hate to see someone lose a turbo because of a lack of balancing.

Comment

Originally posted by rspector View Post
              i am in keene newhampshire, you?
              Chester NH

Comment

Originally posted by drhermanstein View Post
                I remember reading that the turbo you got with this bike is a Rayjay. ... I have a turbo rebuilding business .....
                It's Rajay

Comment

Working...
                X