gsxr mods on GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gsxr mods on GS1100E

Question for all the guys who mounted bigger forks on their GS...

I am putting 41mm forks from an 88 gsxr1100 on my 821100EZ. Ofcourse, the collars for the headlight mounts will not slide down over the larger gsxr forks. What have you fellas done to get around that? What is the fork diameter of the 1150's? Maybe an older bandit or sv?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!
    Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

all i did was cut off the collars and used 4 hose clamps. i think buell has some but good luck finding some. just put the screw part of the clamp inside and you cant see them. it is the cheepest way i could come up with.

here is a link to a company who sells universal ones. eventually i would like to find a small fairing for mine !! i like the raptor and the universal dash mount on this page. pretty reasonable too !!!

hope this helps ya out !!!
    Last edited by Guest; 11-02-2006, 09:16 PM.

Comment

I used headlight mounts from a Buell...

After I had them mounted, I did not like how close the headlight sat to the forks so I added some aluminum to set the headlight out a bit.

Damn nice bike Duke! As always!
      Last edited by Guest; 11-03-2006, 05:04 AM.

Comment

For 41mm forks you can use original mounts with minor modification. Just grind the holes bigger, there is just enough material. The fitting will be quite tight but it works.
        Arttu
        GS1100E EFI turbo
        Project thread

Comment

Ah, yes.... 41mm. Obviously I did not read his post thoroughly enough. The Buell parts will not work on the 41mm forks. Mine are like, 52 or 53 IIRC. Sorry to post misinformation...

Comment

I never get tired of looking at that red buffy, Ogri... 8-)

Comment

Thank you, my friend.

It's not going to be red much longer. I have it all sanded down for new paint sometime this month or next. The current plan, it may change, is to paint it in the GSX1400 scheme with 2007 GSXR colors or candies. I won't know for sure until I start painting.

Comment

Thank you, gentlemen!!

If you have any more suggestions, by all means keep them coming! Think I'll get another set of EZ headlight mounts and try to gring out the holes, or use hose clamps. Really would like to save the originals, as I would like to retain the ability to return the bike to stock form if so desired.

Thanks again!
                Mike

1982 GS1100EZ

Text messages with my youngest brother Daniel right after he was paralyzed:

Me: Hey Dan-O. Just wanted to say howdy & love ya!

Dan-O: Howdy and Love you too. Doing good, feeling good.

Me: Give 'em hell, Little Bro!

Dan-O: Roger that! :)

Comment

There's some in the parts canada catalog, which is the same as parts unlimited, but I'll be damned if I can find them again. a set of four was $45 or something like that. They fit my 52mm USD forks nicely.

Comment

Working...
                  X