Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bulky header collectors. time to make my own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bulky header collectors. time to make my own?

I have been looking around for a header that collects 4 into 1 with less ground interference problems. Unless anyone knows of a header without collecting on top of each other I've decided to build my own with side by side collection or a 4 into 2 into 1. This will also allow for shielding to keep some of the exhaust heat away from the bottom of the cranckase.

My GS1000 race bike has a 4-2-1 system on it. Not sure of the brand though, but they are out there. Someone might be able to give some advice as to the possible maker? I had someone tell me that it was a MAC header, but I've not seen a 4-2-1 MAC system before.

Tracy

Comment

Originally posted by triffecpa View Post
      My GS1000 race bike has a 4-2-1 system on it. Not sure of the brand though, but they are out there. Someone might be able to give some advice as to the possible maker? I had someone tell me that it was a MAC header, but I've not seen a 4-2-1 MAC system before.

Tracy
      Was looking around on ebay and saw hayabusa stock exhausts for sale. picked up two for 30.00 in like new condition!! They're either stainless or steel so cutting and welding to make what I want should be a breeze. Then ceramic coat should make them last. Thanks for the tip though.

Comment

I bought a Marving header for my GS1150 a few months ago. I fell for that
        specific brand because the pipes join side by side underneat the motor,
        (instead of two on top, two below).

I might have a picture somewhere if you're interested.

/ Mikael

Comment

Originally posted by Mikael View Post
          I bought a Marving header for my GS1150 a few months ago. I fell for that
          specific brand because the pipes join side by side underneat the motor,
          (instead of two on top, two below).

I might have a picture somewhere if you're interested.

/ Mikael
          I would love to see. Please take pics.

Herman

Comment

Not a very good picture, but this is what the header looks like.

Comment

header pics

That is really cool! I have a Kerker, with the usual dings on the underside due to "speed bumps."
              I just logged on to a UK website that sells the Marving system for the gs1000 for about
              $700 US.
              Last edited by Guest; 11-22-2006, 10:02 PM.

Comment

You could make your own. Burns sell 321 stainless.

High Performance Stainless Steel Exhaust Parts. Burns Stainless offers exhaust parts, tubing, collectors, headers, race mufflers and accessories. 304 Stainless Steel, 321 Stainless Steel, Iconel, Aluminum, Tubing and pipe, bends and straights, v-band, turbo collectors, flanges, bungs, plugs, and apparel.

Comment

GSXR Header

I had the same issues with the bulky 4 into 1 headers and didnt like how they drug down the side of the bike , I ended up getting a ebay GSXR 1100 Yoshimura header system , I cut it and welded it back together to fit my 1981 GS750.

It was a breeze and runs 4 into 2 into 1 , I did have to remove my center stand , I could of saved the stand but it wasn't a big deal for me to remove it , I never used it ..

Looks good , sounds great , no problems with jetting .. If my picture does not link ,, the site link should take you to pictures..

Link to BIG picture!

Ken
                  Last edited by Guest; 12-05-2006, 05:15 PM.

Comment

The Header

I added a picture of the header off the bike to my site

Ken

Comment

Paying 700 USD for a Marving system for the GS1000 sound a bit expensive.
                      Maybe I was lucky, but I paid 199 EUR for mine, (which is approx. 260 USD).

Here's a link to their Ebay shop:

/ Mikael

Comment

Hey Ken, I've been looking into doing just what you did. I even bought a GSXR1000 header for that purpose. Can you go into a little more detail on just which parts were used from which header, etc?

Comment

Working...
                        X