Swingarm upgrades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swingarm upgrades

I'm trying to switch an 86 - 88 swingarm into my 1100 and read on one of the previous threads (which I can't find now ) that the 86-88 GSXR's have the more undesirable wheels since they are 18". Would it be better to ditch the newer swingarm or would it still be advantagious keep all that stuff and just pick up the later GSXR wheel? Only reason I have all of the parts from the new swingarm is I thought it would be better just in case of brake or sprocket differences. So if an even newer wheel would not be able to use this setup then maybe I should just dump this stuff and get an 89 and later setup.

swingarm

The later 17" gsxr wheels fit into the 1st gen gsxr swingarms. So you can still use the 86-88 1100 swingarm.

Comment

Originally posted by sisu1970 View Post
      The later 17" gsxr wheels fit into the 1st gen gsxr swingarms. So you can still use the 86-88 1100 swingarm.
      Exactly=

I used mid 1990's gsxr1100 wheels on my 1986 gsxr1100

Only probably was the caliper hanger issue I had to resolve.
      I wound up using the rubber/bushing our of the stock 1986 gsxr caliper hanger, and inserted it into a hayabusa caliper hanger to fix the offset to the caliper disc for the later model wheels.

Run a 190/50/17 rear now w/o probs.

Comment

Ahhh someone else with the remote mixed in with the tools. Yes I have a Boob Tube in my garage too.
        Cool deal I'll keep what I've got and get another wheel.

Comment

Working...
        X