X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a must see

Ill bet jake already saw it.

WOW !!
    New England dragway is right up the road.....ok about 45 minutes.

Some memories there.........
    Thanks Scotty.
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

94 pages, whew, thanks for ruining my night!

Cool stuff there.
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Thanks Scotty, And to think some folks don't believe HD made a 4 cylinder
        1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
        1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
        1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
        1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
        01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Yeah, and it's still HALF the bike the Suzuki Intruder 1400 is.

Comment

Originally posted by RacingJake View Post
            Thanks Scotty, And to think some folks don't believe HD made a 4 cylinder
            I saw one in death vally in 1967. It was a shaftie oposing 4 cylinder made for the army. I didnt forget the basket Jake. If i get it back its yours

Comment

Originally posted by txironhead View Post
              Yeah, and it's still HALF the bike the Suzuki Intruder 1400 is.
              Where do people like you come from I rode a test on a 1400 intruder . I love the way they look. My dyna is smoother and a little faster also. And Harleys are slow bikes:-D
              Oh yes my dyna is better looking too.((2002 FXDX)

What other bikes do you own???
              Last edited by Guest; 11-16-2006, 07:48 AM.

Comment

The only reason Intruder 1400's are slow is American emissions. Take a German 1400 and it screams bone stock. Take an American model, slap an aftermarket exhaust, Dynojet stage 2 or 3 kit and a K&N filter on it and it'll outrun anything stock Harley makes. The 800 Intruders are fast out of the box because they fall into the "below 1000cc" emissions that are less strict.

I have owned Harleys (if you'll notice, my handle is txironhead), Honda Shadows, a Goldwing, two GS's (750E and 850L) and a CB750 hardtail springer chopper I built myself. I'd love to own an Intruder 1400 but can't afford one now that I'm disabled. I've been on dozens of Harleys (including the VRod) new and old and wouldn't take any of them over an Intruder, especially considering the $5-6k price difference. I was constantly wrenching on my Harleys, yet all of my "metric" bikes were basically change the oil and ride, except for my 750E that I bought for $150 and am currently resurrecting.

I'm not here to start an argument, and believe me, this is the oldest argument in riding history. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and preferences. I meant my comment as a joke, but I will stand behind my beliefs. I will concede that the Dyna Low Rider is a beautiful bike, and a smooth riding one too, but I have yet to see even a TwinCam with 150K miles with no major repairs like my friend's '92 Intruder, or my brother's Goldwing with 210K. They are getting better, I will agree, and I have MANY friends who will never own anything but a Harley. Again, their preference. I'm sorry if your toes got stepped on, but this is a SUZUKI forum and I wave my loyalty flag proudly.

Comment

Hey no jokes allowed [-X , you just made my big toe cry

Didn't Suzuki come out with a 1200 single cylinder bike like 10 years ago??

At least HD should come out with a 180 degree crankshaft in the Sportster lineup, then we could turn some rpms
                  Last edited by RacingJake; 11-16-2006, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Hey no jokes allowed [-X , you just made my big toe cry

Didn't Suzuki come out with a 1200 single cylinder bike like 10 years ago??

At least HD should come out with a 180 degree crankshaft in the Sportster lineup, then we could turn some rpms
                    I broke the un written rule and responded to a jerk in the performance section.
                    Hey Jake was an iron head like that sporty i rode ((1959)
                    my eyeball just stopped vibrating a few weeks back

Comment

Yeah when I'm on my sporty I keep saying 2 stroke, 2 stroke...........2 stroke.

Thanks Scotty, if you do send that part you'll receive some cold hard cash back plus shipping too!!!!!!!!!!

It's the least I can do

Comment

Yeah when I'm on my sporty I keep saying 2 stroke, 2 stroke...........2 stroke.

Thanks Scotty, if you do send that part you'll receive some cold hard cash back plus shipping too!!!!!!!!!!

It's the least I can do
                        i have to get it back first--right now i know nothing. im waiting for a bill from jay so i can pick the zookie up

Comment

Holly crap!! What a trip down memory lane! I was at the track and racing on the same day that almost all those Conn dragway Pics were taken.. One of the picks of terry vance on his Funny bike that ran 199 mph in Conn. was the same day I crashed my two stroke kawi tripple and broke my coller bone. Awsome thread and I am only up to page sixteen.

Comment

Originally posted by txironhead View Post
                            The only reason Intruder 1400's are slow is American emissions. Take an American model, slap an aftermarket exhaust, Dynojet stage 2 or 3 kit and a K&N filter on it and it'll outrun anything stock Harley makes.
                            But aren't the Harleys also subject to harsh emission laws mate? No offence meant, I like all bikes, so I don't have individual brand flags to wave, but if those Intruders are held back by US emission laws, then surely so are the Harleys?

I had a 1984 Sporty in 1987, it was a brilliant bike and completely dispelled the "Unreliable, gutless, poor handling" myth for me, my mate had a 1979 "AMF" Sporty with an S&S (?) carb and slash cut "drag pipes" and it'd kick my stocker, so I'm guessing that there's some truth in the notion that all bikes are hindered by US emission laws, not just the Intruders? Cheers, Terry.

Comment

Thanks for a nice comment. I usually cant be bothered with brand blasting. It just seems that folks get into it to lift themselves up. I have a few motorcycles and they all are motorcycles. The jap ones are no more reliable then my Harley is these days.
                              If one buys any Harley and I include the V-Rod because they want a fast motorcycle, then the money was poorly spent, The same thing goes for an intruder.
                              Talking about emissions in general, The plugs on my Dyna were sooty black and i had to remove the baffles to get them to start to resemble a decent ((colour)).

Comment

Working...
                              X