nitros gs425e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nitros gs425e

hi ....i run a 1978 nitros gs425e it has a full throttle nitros kit fitted but runs hot at the moment so i want to fit an oil cooler to it any ideas as to what will fit from what model and how to fit it cheers andy

Any Pics

sounds interesting got any pics?

Comment

hi..will post photos shortly..i am doing up a gsx550 at the moment will fit a blower at some some point..and also own a brazilian imported 93 rd350 ypvs street special ..best wishes andy..

Comment

hmm, please do share more about this nitrous kit.. what kind of shot are you running? Do just run a simple push button switch or do you have it tied into the rpm? where is your jet located at...

Thanks, been curious for awhile
        1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

hi .. i will post piccies this weekend .i work nights and sleep days so i will take some to post then..the bike runs on a white hawk direct feed cold fusion wet kit ..it feeds direct as the name implies into the air intakes between the carbs and engine block via injectors..the nitros bottle is pressurised at at 750 psi for even flow it can only really used at 7500 rpm and above it is operated via the horn button... push in /realease for 3 secs + this is because it runs out and leaves to much nitros in the system at low revs it can be to much i run a straight through motad exhaust internally carved..AND EXHAUST WRAPPED THIS KEEPS THE MANIFOLD / DOWN PIPES TEMP UP SO IT EVAPORATES ANY UNBURNED GAS OTHERWISE IT COULD IN THEORY EXPLODE it looks better and gives the apperance of a 60s cafe racer/with a low drag fairing... which the whole concept of the bike is based on it runs a 11.00 second 1/4 mile with a TERMINAL SPEED OF 107.MPH AND TOPS OUT AT 118 MPH BLOODY QUICK ON A LITTLE BIKE,,THE CARBS ARE JETTED UP BY 55% AND THE NITROS SYSTEM COST£ 365 to buy and fit the exhaust work was done by a friend and when sprinting runs on wonder fuel and 45% NITROS INCIDENLY THE BIKE IS A 78 RED WITH AND HAS BEEN FEATURED ... BEST WISHES ANDY
          Last edited by Guest; 11-22-2006, 11:56 AM. Reason: MORE INFO

Comment

Dang, 11-second 425cc bike!!!

Comment

Nitro in a 78 425????? and you didn't have to cover the engine block in hose clamps to keep it from exploding? Impressive!

more seriously

how much of an improvement did you get from adding the nitro?

Any regrets?

Comment

Pictures, I demand pictures.

I have a GSX550 too...
                You'd have to be crazy to be sane in this world -Nero
                If you love it, let it go. If it comes back....... You probably highsided.
                1980 GS550E (I swear it's a 550...)
                1982 GS650E (really, it's a 650)
                1983 GS550ES (42mpg again)
                1996 Yamaha WR250 (No, it's not a 4 stroke.)
                1971 Yamaha LT2 (9 horsepower of FURY.)

Comment

In reply to your original question.
                  What colour are the plugs? You may only need to re-jet a little.
                  Oil cooler? never seen one fitted to that engine, do you have an oil light sender on the motor, this is the most obvious spot to pick up feed from. you can then return it via a fitting into the oil filler cap.

Dink

Comment

Working...
                  X