GS650 Exhaust Sys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS650 Exhaust Sys

Anybody out there had luck finding a decent 4-1 system for the 650's? I did find this one from motad,

but its spendy (450 bucks) Then there is always the Ebay MAC deals...Not sure I want to go there, after reading some threads about pipes rusting out. My stocker is in pretty good shape (read no dents, holes, or major scratches) but it is starting to pit and form rust, especially the underside. Anyway, if anybody has installed this Motad unit, please post a pic, and if possible a sound clip...It looks pretty cool.

Mothers chrome cleaner will take care of the rust and keep it from pitting on the outside.I'm left with the same problem when looking for a new exhaust.Fortunatley my exhaust in in exellent shape still.i wonder how much it would cost to get them rechromed or even if it would work.

Comment

Well, I did some askin around. I work with a guy who does powerdcoating as a side job, hes getting my frame. But anyway, he has a friend that ceramic coats exhaust... he said like 150 bucks...seems like a good deal to me. The plater does all the prepwork, and gives me back a nice shiney exhaust...hmmmmm.....

Comment

Well, after about an hour futzin around in the garage tonight, I have decided that the exhuast off of this bike will not be going back on, w/out serious work. I'm thinking of painting the head pipes high temp black, and adapting some Harley take-off mufflers. I know that someone out there has done this already, and probably more than one of you. Any pitfalls to look out for? Not so concerned about the welding and fab work, more like carburation problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H View Post
          Well, after about an hour futzin around in the garage tonight, I have decided that the exhuast off of this bike will not be going back on, w/out serious work. I'm thinking of painting the head pipes high temp black, and adapting some Harley take-off mufflers. I know that someone out there has done this already, and probably more than one of you. Any pitfalls to look out for? Not so concerned about the welding and fab work, more like carburation problems.
          www.crc2online catalog.com has some mufflers that will fit.Just a thought

Comment

I had another thought....What if a modern 600 kat had the same spacing and diameter of my 650? Anybody out there have one (the 600), and would you be willing to measure for me?

Comment

I gave the specs in your other post.

Comment

Working...
              X