Pics of gsxr shock on '83 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of gsxr shock on '83 750

Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the pics. My mount is a lttle different on the 700, but right now I have it on with the hydraulic cylinder pointing forward toward the exhaust, not much clearance but I am working to improve that.

How stiff do you have your shock set? When I set my on all the way Hard it seems like I am riding with a stick under me. Maybe I was just so used to the old shock and 4 inches of sag.
        Last edited by Guest; 11-26-2006, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Now talk to me about your front end, forks etc.

Comment

Check you clearances when the shock compresses. I was going to mount my GSXR shock that direction on my 550. I took the spring off and checked clearance throughout the travel and didn't have enough. The resvior of the shock his the rear tire near bottom out.

Comment

Originally posted by rgierer View Post
              Now talk to me about your front end, forks etc.
              It is just a complete front end from a '89-'96 600 katana, bolts right up they use the exact same steering head bearings. Just have to drill a hole into the steering stop areas on the frame for a bolt to go into on each side for the stop on the bottom triple tree to butt up against. I used the stock 750 ignition switch with a mount I made to bolt up to the 600 upper tree. And modified the instument mount (longer mounting tabs with holes drilled thru) also to use the bolts that hold the handlebar mounts. Bolts up to the underside of the upper with two bolts longer than stock (handle bar mount bolts) and two nuts of course.

Comment

Originally posted by rgierer View Post
                Thanks for the pics. My mount is a lttle different on the 700, but right now I have it on with the hydraulic cylinder pointing forward toward the exhaust, not much clearance but I am working to improve that.

How stiff do you have your shock set? When I set my on all the way Hard it seems like I am riding with a stick under me. Maybe I was just so used to the old shock and 4 inches of sag.
                Sping pre-load is about a half an inch turned up from full soft, all dampening is at middle settings. sits about an inch taller than stock, had to add to the pre-load on the fork to raise the front to match the rear. Kat 600 forks are sprung too soft stock. It's a little stiff but I like it that way, handles great. There are some pics of the whole bike in the "show some pics of your bike thread" in the GS owners section.
                Last edited by kingofvenus; 11-26-2006, 04:46 PM. Reason: To add more info

Comment

after listening to your decription of "bolts right on" I think I will do fork seals and progressive springs on the front of this bike and assume it will meet my needs. Your easy fix sounded a bit out of my league and skill set. Thanks
                  Last edited by Guest; 11-26-2006, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X