1000 to a 1100?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000 to a 1100?

Will an 1100 eight valve topend go on a 1000 eight valve? Do the 1100's make much more power than the 1000's?
    Would it be better to do a wiseco big bore instead of using oem 1100 parts?

first: the 1100G makes between 8 to 10 more HP than the 1000G

second: suzuki bumped displacement the hard way, by increasing both bore and stroke.
    so to make a 1100 using suzuki parts you would need to use crank, rods, and pistons. minimum, plus machine work.

Wiseco sells a 3mm over bore kit that takes displacement up to 1100cc, and is the simple way.

the 1100 head will fit (same head gasket) but you have to use the 1100's cam cover as suzuki did some improvements to the top of the head to correct leakage issues with the cam cover gasket, and the bolt count and patern are differant.

Comment

Originally posted by Deesel View Post
      Will an 1100 eight valve topend go on a 1000 eight valve? Do the 1100's make much more power than the 1000's?
      Would it be better to do a wiseco big bore instead of using oem 1100 parts?

I had a look here.....
      "http://www.bikebandit.com/"

The head gasket is the same...
      but the head has different numbers.

In Europe
      1000GLx have 90hp 83Nm (this is at the crank)very optimistic
      1100GLz have 94hp 87Nm (this is at the crank)very optimistic

Here in Kristiansand Norway, I asked at the local Suzuki Shop,Before I tested mine,They told me that The Old 1000-1100 had been tested as low as 65-70
      hp on the wheel.
      Mine had 76hp and 86Nm

(have some work to do on the bike again this winter also,electric and degreeing the cams differently.Now they are 102in and 107ex,will try 107 on both...)

Comment

Ok, I thought the 1100 and the 1000 had the same stroke.
        Thanks

Comment

If you are talking gs1100E the stroke is the same only the bore is diff. you can plug an 1100 block and head onto your 1000.
          or
          you could buy an 1150 crank, block and pistons and bolt that onto your 1000 with an 1100 head if you wish. you would also need to change the clutch basket as the clutch gear has on extra tooth. Or less I forget.
          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Why not just fit a Wiseco 1085cc "big bore" piston kit?? 2mm overbore.

Dink

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post
              If you are talking gs1100E the stroke is the same only the bore is diff. you can plug an 1100 block and head onto your 1000.
              or
              you could buy an 1150 crank, block and pistons and bolt that onto your 1000 with an 1100 head if you wish. you would also need to change the clutch basket as the clutch gear has on extra tooth. Or less I forget.
              Thanks- Good information!
              The engine runs well now, I am always looking for easy performance. I may do a big bore eventually, but I doubt I'd swap cranks (unless I got a good deal on the stuff).
              Im only working with an 850L with a 1000 in it. It only has a Vance & Hines exhaust and K&N pods. The suspension and drive train isnt the best for excessive performance. Its no Kat! A little extra torque from a fresh big bore would make a fun bike even more "funner".lol
              I do like impressing people with the "lil 850L".

Comment

Working...
              X