Manifolds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manifolds

I've been using 1 5\8" radiator hose for my manifolds as suggested on the Old Kaw Man site and have noticed they do deteriorate pretty fast. Has anyone used anything different or is this the norm? Kinda tired of fitting new ones every few weeks. Maybe I should switch from using Napa brand hoses.

Brand new OEM ?? still available from Suzuki or bikebandit,Ron ayers etc.

Dink

Comment

You might check with Delta Rubber and see if they have anything that is rated for high temperature. I assume your deterioration is from high heat?
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Yeah Dink I'd like to use oem on the 1100 but the ported head and the RS's are larger than the stock units. I probably should have mentioned that earlier. So I've been trying my options. I may go to stock if this venture keeps screwing up on me. And Bruce I'm not sure if it's the heat or gas but the hoses are splitting or they buckle a bit.

Comment

Dayco silicone hose. Pretty blue, lasts about forever. If you check out a real high end dragbike ,I'm betting you'll see that most the pros use it

Comment

Also forgot about gates brand hose. Most better parts stores stock 18 inch strait lengths of it. Lasts and is cheaper than the blue stuff.

Comment

I'm getting the blue stuff. Gotta' beat the crap I'm dealing with now. Thanks for the leads guys.

Comment

I have had luck using single wire hydraulic hose, I get it at a hydraulics supply place near me

Comment

Originally posted by RobGS850L View Post
                  I've been using 1 5\8" radiator hose for my manifolds as suggested on the Old Kaw Man site and have noticed they do deteriorate pretty fast. Has anyone used anything different or is this the norm? Kinda tired of fitting new ones every few weeks. Maybe I should switch from using Napa brand hoses.

What's the link for that site?

Comment

Originally posted by RobGS850L View Post
                    Yeah Dink I'd like to use oem on the 1100 but the ported head and the RS's are larger than the stock units.
                    What size RS's are you running 38mm will still fit the stock boots.

Dink

Comment

It's not that they don't fit the boots but the inner diameter of the boot steps down in size and is smaller than the head or carb openings. If I can't get the hoses to work then I'll just use stock since I'm not running a prostock and it's not like I'm needing the extra H.P. from using hoses verses boots. I just thought I'd see if I could make it work.

Comment

You need some silicone hoses if you are fighting heat & gases, reckon that's what those pretty blue ones are someone talks about... biggest supplier I know of is Samco.

Dan
                        1980 GS1000G - Sold
                        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
                        X