Ultimate Winter Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimate Winter Mod

Thanks to the help from this forum she is running for winter and ready to go....got 10" in Milwaukee the other day and the alley looks like a boblsed run, now problem with this beauty....

Last edited by Guest; 12-04-2006, 01:55 PM.

sweet!! so what are you using there on the grips?? I've been trying to find a good solution for awhile!

Comment

Awesome! I want one!

Comment

Those are HIPPO HANDS....old pair that I bought used. They hold up pretty well. I put on heated grips prior to getting the hippo's, with both don't need gloves.

Comment

nice. So Have been driving it this week when it's in the single digits in the morning? If you do how well does she start that cold.

Comment

Originally posted by dig dug mx6 View Post
            nice. So Have been driving it this week when it's in the single digits in the morning? If you do how well does she start that cold.
            She sleeps in an unheated garage....no problems starting. 8F outside the other morning in Milwaukee. I thru a big ol' deep cycle in the trunk of the sidecar, plenty of juice, but still cranks right over.

My other option if she was hard starting was to use some self-limiting cable (self-regulating...Pretty cool stuff, you can actually cross it and it will not overheat) Was gonna make sort of a mit for the oil pan and carbs to heat everything up in the morn. But guess I don't need to.

Comment

Up here in northern Canada you can get an oil panheater. It's a thin rubber flap. 5 X 3 inches. Plug that sucker in and you got toasty oil!

Comment

Looks well protected from the weather ... but how do you control the bike while hiding inside the sidecar??:shock:;-)

Comment

By the way, in all seriousness, how well does the 550 perform with a sidecar attached?

I'd love to see closeups of the brackets you used to get the two connected!

Regards,

Comment

It handles excellent - Haven't had the oppurtunity to drive too many other hacks, only my mothers which is a Honda GL1100 with a Motorvation Coupe Royale (Fully enclosed big double) the Wing handles pretty good, but is a handful. My set up feels like a go cart she is so nimble, 75 no problem, 85 if I draft. Runs pretty good, only thing is the mileage which takes a huge hit...about 27-24mpg. Not so good, but well worth the versatility...Noticed your are S in IL...if you wanna give her a go, just give a holler if you are up in this neck of the woods.

Comment

Oh yeah I'll try and get pics of the old school mounts tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by yellow View Post
                        It handles excellent - Haven't had the oppurtunity to drive too many other hacks, only my mothers which is a Honda GL1100 with a Motorvation Coupe Royale (Fully enclosed big double) the Wing handles pretty good, but is a handful. My set up feels like a go cart she is so nimble, 75 no problem, 85 if I draft. Runs pretty good, only thing is the mileage which takes a huge hit...about 27-24mpg. Not so good, but well worth the versatility...Noticed your are S in IL...if you wanna give her a go, just give a holler if you are up in this neck of the woods.
                        I'll keep that in mind, thanks! I occasionally find myself in your area...

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                        X