homemade topend oiler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

homemade topend oiler

I saw a pic of a GS with a topend oiler setup that was nothing more than braided lines,t-fittings,90' fittings,tapped into the 4 stock bolts on either side of the head,fed from the pressure sender.Has anyone built one of these systems?Looks very simple,gotta be cheaper than the $230 one that you see.

Friend of mine uses steel brake pipe to make them, Very Stealth.

Dink

Comment

I had a setup like this given to me with some other parts I bought. It is just how you describe, but the T they had was two machined parts that looked like a Y rather than a T. They drilled and tapped the stock ends for 1/8 NPT and used all standard fittings. I had no use for the fittings and sold it on eBay for $10 or so. Not a bad way to make one.

Comment

You dont need anything special at the oil sender,do you?Looks like modify the cap to except a 1/8 npt fitting.

Comment

I believe the oil sender is 1/8 NPT, but I would check it to be sure.

Dink

Comment

Vance and Hines used to sell the metric fittings that screw into the head and accept a -6 npt

I would not change this to a pipe thread. Maybe someone has a part # from Earls or something, I could never figure this one out..

Comment

Ill have to check out V&H,thanks.just pains me to dish out big $'s for something you can do yourself.

Comment

You can find adapters at your local Hydraulic shop.
                That is where I purchase all mine, and yes the sending unit is 1/8" NPT/

also you can buy online, I just googled it.;-)

Our products solve your engines' oil and cooling problems. Improve your engines oil pressure, oil temperature, and coolant system with Canton Racing Products.

Comment

I was thinking.............again, what about the plastic lines we used for our air shifter. Find some bigger tubing along with bigger push to fit fittings would be a piece of cake to make.
                  1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                  1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                  1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                  1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                  01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

hot oil makes plastic melt... Not a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by NoBars View Post
                      Exactly- it would become goop in a matter of mins-

You will need to buy hose that is "Temp Rated" for the oil.

Comment

Originally posted by NoBars View Post
                        Most automotive type plastic tubing is made from teflon. Teflon can withstand very high fluid temps before melting point

Comment

It sounds like your talking about the ployflow fittings and tubing which are made for gas. I agree with clam bake. I use stainless over teflon for most of the fluids including engine oil and have never seen it break down.

Comment

Working...
                          X