The Myths of Porting and Polishing!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Road_Clam View Post
    The smartest thing a gung-ho garage performance engine tinkerer can do is just leave your engine ALONE. The pro engine builders all agree, If you have to ask on the internet about what performance upgrades to do, then you don't belong inside the engine anyway.
    A perfect example of my stupidity and ignorance in my youth was when I built my own hi-po 350 Chevy. $2700 in reciepts, and I was putting down a pittifull 237 net RWHP. A bone stock 1981 Z28 350 would put out 224. From that point on, every engine I built thereafter I built bone stock. If I needed more HP, I simply bought a BIGGER engine!
    AAhhh man, you are taking the fun out of everything dude....

Can you be a man and not try to make things bigger, faster, stronger???? I ask you.

I agree with the peace meal approach though. Engines are interconnected systems. Change one thing and effect others. Throwing a couple parts on can kill performance if it isn't looked at in a whole.
    That being said, there are tried and tested upgrades that will work well and get you into lots of trouble when twistin the wick. Good trouble that is.

I am sure you can find many testimonials on here from dudes who have made a couple upgrades to their beasts and dropped a jaw the next time they pin it.

OK, I'm done...
    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

I totaly agree , when you are a parts swapping type of guy and you throw stuff like big carbs , all out race exhaust etc. big cams , etc. on a stock engine that has not been planned out to work with those mods . most of the time it will perform like a turd \\/

I drag race my bikes quite often so I have traded off low RPM power for a "LITTLE" I repeat "LITTLE" more top end power . Yes at the dragstrip it does give me an edge over many stock bikes .
      I have not done any internal mods as of yet to the GS1100 but the 600 Bandit does have bigger cams than stock . top gear roll ons with the 600 are alot like a formula one car trying to pull a trailer LOL!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X