Stock GS1100E vs. Aftermarket Modified GS1100E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
    Oh no, not at all, just making a point that in stock condition, these bikes are still crazy fast......
    No question 'bout it:-D ....my own bike is pretty close to stock (rejetted stock carbs, replacement KN filter and 4X1.)
    Tony.
    '82 GS1100E

Comment

82 GS1100E completely stock

Crazy fast just how it is...cant imagine wanting anything that hopped out of the gate with any more punch.

I am looking to do a front/rear sprocket and chain replacment this summer. Anyone out there have any favorites to go with?

Im not doing the replacement myself, not that inclined. I can fix cars...but bikes are out of my league.

Comment

I always use JT rings and EK chains. Pay the premium for the chrome side links, it's easier to clean.
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Talk with Jeff at Z1Enterprises.com. for the chain and sprockets. I went with a 530 conversion 17/48 and 116 link RK chain. Pretty close to the stock ratios. You'll need the 6mm front sprocket spacer washer too.

My motor's all stock and each spring when I climb back on for the first ride it's the same old response, "Yep, this baby still scares the acceleratin' hell outta me. Hang on!!"

Mushman

82 GS1100EZ
          05 KLR 650
          95 Daytona 1200

Comment

Working...
          X