Some GS400 restoration questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some GS400 restoration questions

The top is missing on my airbox and I don't want air leaking in it so i'm putting some sheet metal on top and cutting a hole for a PVC snorkel. I plan to use 1 1/4 inch pvc. Just wanted to check with you guys and make sure it will be enough air flow. I'm using a 45 degree angle so the angle won't be restricting.

Also the centerstand on the bike is seriously bent. You can see a picture of it on the bike in my signature. My friend's best idea is that we just heat it and put it in a vise. Have you guys done that or do you know of a better technique?

I appreciate the help. Going to give it a road test tomorrow and go through my voltage readings to make sure the electrical/charging system is up to snuff.....She's coming along!

I dont really understand what your problem is, Is the air able to bypass your filter because of a hole in your airbox?

Why not just run pod filters instead of messing with your airbox?

Comment

With my airbox, I don't want water running off my gastank into the open box. Or stuff getting flipped up into it. I need to have a snorkel type fitting on there (the 45 degree pvc) for taking in the air. I'm not interested in pods because I don't want to have to rejet. I want the best gas mileage I can get out of this thing and don't care about making it faster. I guess a question I should ask is on a stock airbox how big is the air intake opening? I'm using a 1 1/4 opening on it and just trying to make sure that's not too small. Also I'm just trying to make this the cheapest project bike I can make. I want to have to buy as little as possible and just fabricate stuff with things I have lying around the shop. I'm in TN, what else would you expect! Thanks, Joe
      Last edited by Guest; 12-12-2006, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X