GS1150 Chassis mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150 Chassis mods

This is my 85 1150. I've put some GSXR parts on it from 93,94 750. This is a great web site, very helpful. I got some ideas from people here and a few of my own. The bike handles great now, stops a heck of a lot better and feels great. Engine mods will be next, not sure if I should have the engine built or go with a GSXR 1100 engine. Any advice would be great, thanks.

Let me be the first to say "Welcome to the forum"\\/ =D>
    Especially to one of the finest GS region.
    New England.
    We have a plethora of GS riders in the Northern New England alone.
    We all would be more than happy to meet and help you out.'
    Truly a great bunch of riders,both here and elsewhere.
    I know advice will come. :-D
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Those forks look nice in black

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbash 27 View Post
        Those forks look nice in black
        I agree. Your bike looks GREAT Johnny!

Hey Johnny, Welcome.

How about a couple of better photos of your bike?

I'd say, if you have access to a GSXR 1100 engine, I'd do that .

Comment

Ogri, thanks, I put a lot of time into the bike last winter, I'd like to show you some more pictures but not really sure how. I'm still a little green with the whole computer thing, tell me how to put more on here and I'll be glad to, you don't want to know how long it took me to figure out haw to put one picture on there. The thread starter said I'd reached the maximum amount for attachments....I think, maybe I misunderstood, can you give me a hand? Thanks! I also see most of you have a picture of your bike or bikes next to your name and other bikes you own listed, not sure how to do that either, as I also have a 72 Kawasaki H2
          Last edited by Guest; 12-26-2006, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Use Photobucket.com to have your photos online. Then you can paste the URL into the Image dialogue box.

Comment

Nice looking GS.

I hope you are able to post bigger pics so we can all check out.

Comment

MY GOD! what is that big box on top of your headlamp? what was suzuki thinking????

Comment

Sweet 1150 john,looks like the 06 model if Suzuki ever made it.Will I see it at NEDW in april?

Comment

Thanks Rif, I'd love to see everyone elses toys too, what is NEDW? Like I said, I'm new to this stuff.
                    Last edited by Guest; 01-02-2007, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Fern, I'd like to show some more, bigger pics, still having a hard time with figuring out how, not real good with computers yet, I tried the photobucket thing but still can't figure out how to get the pictures here!

Comment

New England Dragway in Epping.You gotta give that bike some exercise.
                        Last edited by Guest; 01-02-2007, 06:58 AM. Reason: add pic

Comment

I would build the 1150 motor, there are tons of aftermarket parts available for it, and it would look better and probably make more power anyhow. My 1150 had a 1129 kit G-4 cams mild head porting and rs 38 flatslide carbs. It had stock chassie, The stock tiny 130 size tire and still ran a 10.34 at 136mph in the 1/4 . with nitrous it ran 9.97 at 148. It was very streetable and after I sold it the new owner took it on may trips ( as far away as NC and piled all kinds of milage on it.

Comment

Originally posted by skip View Post
                            I would build the 1150 motor, there are tons of aftermarket parts available for it, and it would look better and probably make more power anyhow.
                            Skip, even two years ago I would have been with you 100% but it's seems this is no longer the case. Let me give you a few examples. Wiseco does not make near the selection of pistons for the GS1100s that they used to and only make a couple for the 1150. In my case, they no longer make any turbo pistons. Last year I was talking with Cliff and it sounds like they may be the only ones making aftermarket blocks, if not today, then very soon. Even some of the small parts I used to be able to buy from compaines like PMFR and Star are no longer available within the last few years. Parts that can still be purchased, like the streight cut gears for example have gone through the roof in the last years or so.

I think the writting is on the wall. There is not as high a demand for the GS parts, let alone the 1150 and the companies who make the performance parts know this. Any catalog I get now does not show GS aftermarket parts, they show Busa parts.

Just a few years ago if you went to any major pro race, compaines had GS parts on hand ready to sell you. Go to a pro race now and what do you see, Busa parts.

As far as the power, I doubt that the 1150 made much over 120HP. What's a stock 600 now days put out? Plus its much lighter. Why try to make a tank into a Corvette, when you can buy a Corvette? For that matter, just buy a Chevy, it will still outrun the tank and not cost near as much as the Vette.

Comment

All good points, I stand corrected :-D

Comment

Working...
                              X