GS1150 Chassis mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lecroy View Post

..............As far as the power, I doubt that the 1150 made much over 120HP. What's a stock 600 now days put out? Plus its much lighter. Why try to make a tank into a Corvette, when you can buy a Corvette? For that matter, just buy a Chevy, it will still outrun the tank and not cost near as much as the Vette.
    :sad: While I know you are right, I'm in denial[-( ! I love my tank!

Comment

Thanks for the advise guys, I guess I'll have to see what the difference is between the two compared to power output and parts availability. I have a couple options for people to do the work, as I'm not an engine builder really. The chassis work was fun and not too frustrating but I've never built an engine before. I used to live in Vermont and Bob Moshinski did all my work for me then...very experienced with old Suzukis. That's what he used to race. I don't know if you guys have ever heard of him or not..."Moshinski Performance" Also, I live about an hour from Ricks Motorcycles in Plaistow,NH. I bought a few parts from them when doing the chassis work. I"m sure they'd be able to do the motor or the engine swap for me. I'll have to look into both. I'd love to get down into the low 10's or better, I only managed 11.8@115 the last time I went down. I've only tried Epping 3 times, so I guess that's probably not too bad? Sorry Rif, I felt stupid about the NEDW thing, just never seen it abbreviated. Sometimes I need things spelled out for me!

Comment

Those are some real good numbers! How much do you and the bike weigh?

My tired old 1100 only runs in the 12.20s or so at 108 with 220 pounds of rider and gear on her. I had it in the 11.90s year before last but it was a fluke. Good wind.

Comment

Lecroy, thanks for the advise. Are you saying go with the GSXR engine? When I made the 11.8 runs, I still had the little 140 tire out back. The engine is a stock 1100, ya..1100. Long story short, I had an 81 1100E, Bob Moshinski had the 1150 with the engine yanked out for some guy for a sprintcar..too bad, he put the package together for me back in 95. The engine has a stage 3 jet kit, K&N filters and a Propipe, back then I had a Kerker megaphone. I'm thinking I could probably do a little better now with the 180 on the ground. Also, I weigh 210, the bike weighed 515 with about a half a tank on the track scales. The engine also has 43,000 miles on it, still runs OK but definetely a little tired. I guess what I'm looking for is reliability more than anything. The bike has been the most reliable thing I've ever owned. I just want some more punch out of it and still be able to go on 200 mile rides.

Comment

I would stay with a GS over the older GSXR engines if that was the only choice I had. I own a 94 GSXR that I bought new. You don't see these many of them at the track for a reason. The GS crank was hard to beat.

If I were building something new, it would be based on a newer Busa engine. They have finally found a home at the track and parts are out there for them.

Comment

Nice looking bike. I'm looking at buying and biuilding a GS1150 myself. Email me the pics jhumbeck@cogeco.ca and I can post them for you.

Comment

The same pics on a quick web page

Comment

Damn, that's nice. Very aggressive looking. How's the sidewinder pipe sound?

Comment

Kanatuna, thanks again, the pictures look better than I thought they would. Can you tell me how to do that, I'm sure it's easier than I think.

Comment

Hey 80GS thanks, nice start on the 1000, that'll be really cool when it's done. The pipe sounds great, not real loud, very deep tone to it....I did put the Vance&Hines baffle in it...crazy loud without it, cool but loud!

Comment

Originally posted by johnnysuperbike View Post
                        Kanatuna, thanks again, the pictures look better than I thought they would. Can you tell me how to do that, I'm sure it's easier than I think.
                        If you right click the pics and go to properties you will see the web address for the pictures. You can use [img]your image address[/img] or click the little yellow box in and paste the images address in that.

I have a little NAS drive at home. I post the pics up on it and then link them to the message. I also edit them for size. You can post the pics at Photobucket.com or picturetrail.com or similar. They will resize them for you. Dell.com sells the NAS drive to.

This is mine. http://www.adstech.com/products/NAS-...pid=NAS-806-EF You need to have a continues internet connection and a router. For picturetrail or photobucket you don't.
                        Last edited by Guest; 01-09-2007, 10:44 AM.

Comment

skip any chance you remember what main jets you used to run in those 38 rs flats?

Comment

Originally posted by 4cyl h2 View Post
                            skip any chance you remember what main jets you used to run in those 38 rs flats?
                            You will need between a 132.5 and a 140 depending on your motor build the higher the compression the smaller the main jet will need to be
                            My stable
                            84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
                            85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
                            88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
                            98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
                            90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
                            06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
                            00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

thanks for the tip i have 135 in them now1-2 sizes up or down doesnt seem to make much difference but not using a dyno

Comment

I got a '91 GSXR11 engine. 1127cc's and a six speed trans conversion.
                                You wants?
                                G
                                sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
                                2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
                                Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
                                '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

Working...
                                X