GSXR Exhaust Header Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GSXR Exhaust Header Swap

What gsxr exhaust header would work on my bike with relatively small modifications?

I would like to have it run like the one below on the side of the frame. Interference with the foot peg mounts wont matter because I am going to install rearsets.

i think thats just a vance and hines drag exhaust for a gs1100.

Comment

Try to find a Vance and Hines sidewinder pipe if you're after that look. It's for drag racing only though - you'll be scraping it pretty early going into right corners. Check out the pic below.

If you want a header that has more ground clearance than stock, look into a 89-92 GSXR1100 4 into 2 into 1 header.
      Last edited by Guest; 12-29-2006, 03:06 AM.

Comment

You know what my thinking was a little off, I wanted more ground clearance than my current header gives because my bike will be sitting lower. So I thought just moving to the side would solve that but thanks 80GS1000, I forgot about the whole ground clearance when turning.

But I still want to find if there is a gsxr that would work on my bike like in these pics from GS750rigid instead. He describes his mods in the post HERE. I wanted to try and avoid a lot of cutting and welding.

Last edited by Guest; 12-29-2006, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Any 4 cylinder suzuki air-cooled, oil-cooled header will fit with little mods.

Comment

Working...
          X