What will fit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will fit?

What is the largest rim that a 1993 GSXR 750 swingarm can accept? Also tire size?

5.5" x17" 190 section tyre, however if fitting to a GS you will only be able to fit a 180 section as chain clearence will limit you, even at that you may need to get an off set sprocket (or make one) and also heat and depress the frame rails for chain clearence 530 conversion helps here too.

Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Dink View Post
      5.5" x17" 190 section tyre, however if fitting to a GS you will only be able to fit a 180 section as chain clearence will limit you, even at that you may need to get an off set sprocket (or make one) and also heat and depress the frame rails for chain clearence 530 conversion helps here too.

Dink
      180 on a 5.5" rim would be best for your bike.

You can fit a 190 into a GS frame, although it will take a large offset front sprocket (almost 16 mm) and a 520 chain conversion. YJ over on oldskoolsuzuki put a 6.0" Hayabusa rim on with a 190 tire a 01-02 GSXR 1000 swingarm along with a 520 chain conversion to come up with the GS1000 special shown below. And don't try to jam a 190 on a 5.5" rim, it'll jack up the profile and adversely affect your handling.

Last edited by Guest; 12-29-2006, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Yeah I know about the profile change of the tire when its on a rim thats to small.

Thanks for the replies very helpful.

Comment

Are you planning on monoshocking your 1100E? Or is this for your 93 Gixxer?

Comment

I am going with the monoshock mod. I am also going to be switching over to a 520 chain setup.

Comment

Originally posted by akreider View Post
              I am going with the monoshock mod. I am also going to be switching over to a 520 chain setup.
              Nice!

Have you designed your monoshock mounts for the frame yet?

What other mods do you have in mind?

Maybe a GSXR front end to complement the GSXR rear end?

Comment

No I haven't gotten the final designs finished just the rough layout until the parts come in. The GSXR front end is a definite along with a custom steering stabilizer, Yamaha brakes all around, rear sets, shape and reupholster the seat, graft a flush mount gas cap onto stock tank and these Honda cbr rims.

As far as engine mods go I got 38mm carbs off of a 90 gsxr750, performance cams, hydraulic clutch, oil cooler, and there are definitly other things I am going to do but thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Comment

Oh I will be fully documenting this rebuild and keep everyone up to date when I start the actual work. Still planning and gathering parts right now.

Oh yeah the frame is getting braced, putting in dyna 2000 ignition, and making a custom wiring harness.
                  Last edited by Guest; 12-29-2006, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Sounds really nice. Looking forward to seeing your progress once work begins. :-D

Comment

Same to you, I really like how your bike is coming along. Its giving me some inspiration.

Comment

what will fit?

I have a 93 gsxr 1100 swingarm and wheels and 530 chain on my 81 dragbike.I used a 5/8" offset sprocket,but cut down the spacer because 5/8" is actually too much(hits frame).It was probably more like 1/2" if I remember correctly.You could use the 3/8" offset and use a larger spacer also.

Comment

Originally posted by 80GS1000 View Post
                          Are you planning on monoshocking your 1100E? Or is this for your 93 Gixxer?

Hi 80GS1000
                          I race a 1979 GS1000S in classic racing in Australia,
                          Where did you get the seat from,
                          Cheers Ausracer

Comment

Rif, that is one BAD looking motorscooter!

Bad in a GOOD way! I was about to ask if the preferred chain mod was to 530, not 520, but you seem to have answered the question.
                            1979 GS 1000

Comment

Hyd. clutch

I am very interested in the hydraulic clutch conversion. Just puzzling over the "push" of hydraulic over the "pull" of stock setup. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. Rik

Comment

Working...
                              X