anybody try this yet?

I have one just sat in my garage waiting for me to find the time :-(

Mark...

Comment

Originally posted by pan View Post
      I have one just sat in my garage waiting for me to find the time :-(

Mark...
      How does it measure up???
      I guess you have already measured it up.

Dink

Comment

The pivot is too wide by roughly 6mm or 1/4". It could probably be done, but there are much easier ways to get a wide tire on the back.

I have one in my garage too that I had planned to use on the Mighty Buffalo, but instead, used a swingarm from a 2004 GSXR, added shock mounts to it and used the KYBs from a ZRX.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogri View Post
          The pivot is too wide by roughly 6mm or 1/4". It could probably be done, but
          I have one in my garage too that I had planned to use on the Mighty Buffalo, but instead, used a swingarm from a 2004 GSXR, added shock mounts to it and used the KYBs from a ZRX.
          As the man said "there are much easier ways to get a wide tire on the back" but I dont do easy ;-) and I think it just looks right.

Mark...

This is a bit too bling for me but it does look cool, hhhmmmmm...but in black it could look trick & understated;-)
          Last edited by Guest; 01-07-2007, 02:34 PM.

Comment

I admit, they are VERY cool. The look is right for the bike, but I simply could not come up with a way to make the needed cuts, make sure they were straight and without compromising the welds at the front.
            If I can come up with a reasonable solution to getting it mounted I may make an attempt.

Comment

As the man said "there are much easier ways to get a wide tire on the back" but I dont do easy ;-) and I think it just looks right.

Mark...

This is a bit too bling for me but it does look cool, hhhmmmmm...but in black it could look trick & understated;-)
              Holy crap, is that a one-off swingarm or what?

Comment

No, its a ZRX arm with added bracing;-)

Mark...

Comment

It reminds me of the steel arms on the Yosh 1000S, looks right

Comment

Originally posted by NoBars View Post
                    It reminds me of the steel arms on the Yosh 1000S, looks right
                    That's the very reason I bought it ;-) should look good if I ever find the time to fit it!!

Mark...

Comment

Hey guys,

Don't forget the shock measurement too. they have to be the same width on top as the bottom or they will bind and not work right. Negating all the work putting it on. Infact working much worse then when you started...

Great looking arm though. If it is just 6mm out then maybe a simple 3mm shim each side may work. One other thing to check is the center offset of the pivot to see if it is the same geometry as the stock arm.

good luck dudes.
                      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Mark...

That one is off a ZRX1100. The 1200 swingarm is different. It looks like this:

Hap

Comment

Katman, it's 6mm too wide, not too narrow.

Ogri, wasn't your 2004 GSXR swingarm too wide as well? why would it be any easier than the ZRX one?

Comment

.236, not much different, a little grinding, possibly bore bearing bores 1/8 deeper, a little frame spreading. It is easily doable. (I do this kinda stuff for a living)

I like the 1100 arm better myself.

I would relocate the upper shock mounts to suit, laying the shocks forward a little more. Probably zrx shocks too,

Pan, can you post a bigger pic of your avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by NoBars View Post
                              .236, not much different, a little grinding, possibly bore bearing bores 1/8 deeper, a little frame spreading. It is easily doable. (I do this kinda stuff for a living)

I like the 1100 arm better myself.

I would relocate the upper shock mounts to suit, laying the shocks forward a little more. Probably zrx shocks too,

Pan, can you post a bigger pic of your avatar?
                              I like the 1100 arm best too but I have been told that the 1200 accepts a slightly wider wheel/tyre. I might relocate the shock mounts after the trial fit and may even fit mounts with multiple holes to have the ability to fine tune the shock angle/ride height.

Here you go;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X