welding together custom exhaust :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

welding together custom exhaust :)

well, today me and a friend started working on his exhaust. our plan is to run all 4 headers into one pipe and run the pipe up through the swing arm and out above the tire but below the rear tail section. so far so good . we got the 4 into one part welded together tonight, the swing arm cut and ready to have the exhaust run through, and the other clearance issues solved. tomorrow (sunday) we are going to run the rest of the pipe and get the clamps to hold the 4 into 1 onto the headers. i think it turned out very well considering all i have is a stick welder lol. the 4 into 1 is air tight and tough. i think its gonna turn out well. anyone have any comments or suggestions ? after we finish his exhaust im going to finish fixing all the stupid holes in my gastank lol

What bike are you working on? Got any pics of the bike? Where are you? I'm in need of some exhaust pipe welding. I don't have the tools, or the skills!

Comment

both of our bikes are gs1000's and both are made up of like 5 different bikes lol, his (green one) is the one we are making the exhaust for, mine (red one) will be next im making a 4 into 1 but just running all 4 into like a 4 inch tip hehe, should be a sweet sound. will get new pics tomorrow

Comment

how do the diameters of the pipe you are using compatar to stock pipes? Have you cosidered back pressure? and if you did, how did you work it out? I'd like to do my own pipes too (access to a pipe bender from time to time) but I'm hesitant due to the effects on engine performance

Comment

well with how the pipes were run before... lol i dont think back pressure is going to be a problem, the pipes before were pure open headers all the way out the back with no baffling, and MANY leaks, i figure all 4 going into one, and it all being air tight should do the job. i will deffinately be giving an update on power gains or loss, will be interesting to see what happens we went with same size pipe as stock headers, to keep maximum air flow. when i get to work on my exhaust it will be neat to see what happens because all four headers are going to be running into like a 4 inch pipe that will sit under the frame

Comment

Working...
          X