Hey GS Brothers! NEED A HAND!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey GS Brothers! NEED A HAND!

First off, I just want to say Hi and thank GS RESOURCES and all it's members you guys have formed a great community. My question is I have a 850GL and the stamp on the frame reads 11/79 (NOV1979) and my title reads 1980. So I'm thinking it falls under a 1980. While looking for parts I notice that often there are cutoff dates that usually read (197?-1979) and then (1980-198?) so my first question is: Was there a change between 1979 and 1980? My second question is there is a 4-1 set of pipes that came off a 1981 same engine size 850. Will they fit? I hope to hear from someone soon. thanks! Oh yeah, going to be doing some fender, bars, light swaps, so I'll post the orignal parts on here when they come off. Thanks

it goes by model year. 1980. although gs850's didnt change to much so most parts should be interchangeable.

Comment

I'm sure that if you measured your exhaust, (ie pipe diameter, depth, spacing, hight... etc) someone with an 81 850 would be willing to measure theirs up and compare for you.

Comment

Here's a list of some of the things that Suzuki changed from 79 to 80
        1. Carbs: 79 VM26 Mikuni 80 BS32 Mikuni
        2. Air cleaner
        3. Ignition Points to electronic
        4.The addition of the L model. There wasn't one in 79.

If the 81 exhaust is from an GL model, you shouldn't have any trouble.
        If it's from a G model you should get measurements before buying. The frames are different & so are the exhausts.

Terry

Comment

Working...
        X