Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Block Spacer???'s

Hey guys..

my project took a unexpected turn for the worse, and I now am in search of a block spacer. I've read quite a bit of posts on here about people doing this, but none seem to mention where they are getting them from.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated.

It's for the gs550-650 motor. I plan on shimming at the base gasket a few mm's at most. Running 2 head gaskets/base gasket's isn't gonna cut it either... need a solid spacer.
    1980 Gs550e....Not stock...

okay, well i've found two sites, falicon and schnitz but they both only have the gs1100/1150 listed for their spacers... Guess i'll try emailing them in the morning to see if they'll do a custom one for me.

Any other suggestions guys?

Comment

I use copper base gaskets (drag race) and they come in various thicknesses to set the deck height. I have used spacers with gaskets and sometimes have doubled up on gaskets to get the stackup I need. I use Yamabond (gray stuff) to seal them. The gaskets and spacers I use have all been made by Cometic. I got my last one from MTC because they get some sort of a price brake. I am sure Cometic would take money from you just like anyone else....

Try...

Comment

Check with Jay (APE). he would know what to use or if one is avaliable

Comment

Cometic has said that they will water cut one for me.. oh man, this gs rebuild is gonna get expensive...

more to come later

Comment

Originally posted by brveagle View Post
            Cometic has said that they will water cut one for me.. oh man, this gs rebuild is gonna get expensive...

more to come later
            See, I told ya your money was just as green as mine. Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
            X