Forward Controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forward Controls

I'm sure someone out there has a set of forward controls bolted up on a GS. Just wondering everyone's thoughts on the set up of forward controls on a GS. If I go ahead with a set would I run into any problems. Just want my bike comfortable for the trips to and from work. Any thoughts/comments are more than welcome.

I started a thread on this in the TechSection a little while ago. Here is the link.

This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.

Please share anything you learn...I'm trying to get a set myself.
    1981 GS 450L

2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

The good we do no one remembers.
    The bad we do no one forgets.

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

I think I will attempt to make a set at work. I have pictures from e-bay for a set for a Honda CB. I will mount them from the 2 motor mount holes up front and just use longer bolts, make up linkage and well... what could possibly go wrong .

Comment

I've been looking at Sportster linkage for a retrofit...you may be onto something.
        1981 GS 450L

Mark 5:36 -- Overhearing what they said, Jesus told him, "Don't be afraid; just believe".

Comment

I am actually going to measure things up. Make a couple of sketches and machine them up at work...... I hope anyway. If it works great and I'll post pics. If not I'm out a couple hours and a bit of material.

Comment

I was looking in the Dennis Kirk Harley catalog and found some kits for older Sportsters. I wouldn't pay the $400 they want for them, but they may be a good guide.
            1981 GS 450L

Comment

The guy who owned my Harley had home made a set for it. I can post a few shots if you think it would help.

Comment

All most done of the main part will post a pic soon as I mount them. Still have to make up the linkage, no big deal though.

Comment

Working...
                X