Hi Guys, check out my gs750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys, check out my gs750

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted anything about my gs750. I know every second question on the fourms is about this but here goes. I am wondering what is the best method to increase my horsepower? I have a few plans and I need some help deciding what is the best way to go...

I already have an aftermarket header and air pods.

Plan A
    Stock carbs with dynojet stage 3 kit
    or
    86-87 gsxr 750 carbs(32mm-34mm?????)

Plan B
    Wiseco 816cc pistion kit
    86-87 gsxr 750 carbs(32mm-34mm?????)

Plan C
    Pull the 750 engine and put in an 1100.

I am also wondering if aftermarket camshafts would make a big difference?

Here is a picture of my progress so far.... 1982 GS750S

Any help would be great
    Thanks

Easiset way to more HP!!! 1100 motor swap.

Dink
    might get a touch more torque too:shock: :-D

Comment

I agree. Most bang for the buck and lots more room for improvement after that.
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

Rankings: 1)C 2)B 3)A
        1980 Gs550e....Not stock... :)

Comment

'Fightered GS 7/11? Bring it on! :-D

Comment

You may want to check your numbers for the chain alignment with a 1000 rear wheel. The hub is much wider than the early 90's so you will have to notch your frame and go large on the countershaft offset to center the wheel. The chain will pass right through the middle of the frame rails.
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Thanks for all the tips guys, I think the best way to go is with the 1100 motor and make this puppy a 7/11. I think I will just run the 750 for this summer and swap next year. It may be hard to find a 1100 motor where I live.

Hey Katman, yea my chain now runs really close to the frame, like 1mm from rubbing with the 1998 gsxr rear end.

One more question, Why can't I go to the for-sale section on the fourms. It just says private. I need alot of parts for this puppy...

Thanks Dave

Comment

up to 99 you are running the same hub type as early 90's but when you go to 2000 it changes and won't work for a gs without major fame mods.

oh, by the way. I have lots of parts layin around.
                1166 pistons with matching block (600miles)
                1100 engine
                smoothbore carberators
                koni shocks
                polished engine covers
                gixxer frontends, wheels and on and on and on........................

cheers,
                KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I've got a black 83 1100 motor for sale if you are about to jump into this project. Let me know and I can send pics and we can talk price (depends on location and how complete of an 1100 you need).

Comment

Originally posted by gsx82 View Post
                    One more question, Why can't I go to the for-sale section on the fourms. It just says private. I need alot of parts for this puppy...

Thanks Dave
                    May be to do with your post count numbers. There are afeww areas you can post in until you build a bit of a post count.

Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Dink View Post
                      May be to do with your post count numbers. There are afeww areas you can post in until you build a bit of a post count.

Dink
                      ok, thanks Dink

Comment

Sweet Project........:-d

Comment

I also have a really nice 1150 crank with pistons and matching block that will all bolt into 1100 cases if anyone is thinking of doing build
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Working...
                          X