Like brand new!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like brand new!!!

I just went for a ride after putting in the new proggessive springs and MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!Im not riding a rocking horse anymore! I cant explain how wonderful it feels. There is so much more control of the bike it's awsome! Iwould recommend it to everybody who has a gs to change those springs.Idont have to use air anymore even with my vetter fairing on.Its the easiest,cheapest and most noticable upgrade I've done yet.Now what about those back shocks? hmmmm.If I could find a good new pair for 100 bucks or less that would be my next upgrade.

ok, Ill buy a set

Comment

Yup, new fork springs are a mandatory upgrade on any GS. Personally, I think riding around with old fork springs is downright dangerous.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Your right. i didnt relize how dangerous it was cause I' ve been riding like that for 2 years.I honestly thought something was wrong with my rear drive splines.Also I was getting tired of trying to take off slow so the front end would'nt raise up.Throttle control is also improved.There is more that those springs control than people relize.

Comment

There's another thread on here talking about MDI rear shocks, they are about 80 bucks a set....
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Theres also another Thread talking about these.....

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I think I will check into the mdi shocks.My old ones are 12.5 but I could go to a 12.75 and be ok but no longer than that.It is an l model and I want to be able to touch the ground flat footed.Im not really sure what the l is even suppose to have.All the shock sights I looked at are different.From 13 3/16 to 12.5 so i dont really know what I need .Any body that knows,let me know so i can get a pair that fits.Just for grins, how much are those vipex ones??

Comment

Vipex approx. $200 and well worth it by the look of it, Presonally I would not put a cheap suspension on a bike.

Dink

Comment

I signed up for the vipex mailing list. If I decide to keep a stock rear end, I will go with those. For the money, they sound great. On ebay, some twenty year old piggy backs just sold for hundreds of dollars! Plus, they should be good for street riding, not just racing.

Comment

Are the vipex ready for sale to the public?How about are gs's?
                    Last edited by Guest; 02-13-2007, 07:04 PM.

Comment

I have run the MDI on both my 68 T500 and 73 GT750 and on the street they beat the living crap out of me. I weigh 235lbs. On the race track they heat up faster and work good. But for the street are way too stiff in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by tconroy View Post
                        Are the vibrex ready for sale to the public?How about are gs's?
                        gents i have to way in here ......after all Vipex is my company. No the GS pieces are not ready but will be within 30 days if you can wait that long.........cheers

Comment

Originally posted by zooke-158 View Post
                          I have run the MDI on both my 68 T500 and 73 GT750 and on the street they beat the living crap out of me. I weigh 235lbs. On the race track they heat up faster and work good. But for the street are way too stiff in my opinion.
                          One of the big advantages of a piggyback reservoir shock is the extra oil in the reservoir aids in dissipating heat aloowing for more consistant cornering when pushing it.

Comment

Ok, my birthday is march 16th.They will make a nice present to myself!just be sure when they are ready for market to notify all of us on the GS resources.I would love to be one of the first people to have them on my GS.By the way,I need 12 3/4 eye to eye!!

Comment

Working...
                            X