No announcement yet.

turbo kat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take a look at the picture on this Mr. Turbo webpage.

You basically need a variant of everything show in that picture.

Comment

I read somewhere you need special cams and need to replace the studs for a turbo.

My engine is ported, welded trued crank, st cut gears, welded basket, hi flow pump, webb bolt in cams. should be strong enough for a turbo?
      KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Comment

I've heard good things about stock cams in turbo bikes. I would only go special cams if you were making a dedicated drag bike, even then some quick turbo guys still run stock cams. You may want to check compression ratio on your current bike. I dropped mine down to about 8-9:1 to run the turbo (pistons and base gasket spacer). If you have the stock cams you can make some cash selling the web parts and the carbs at least, as well as the exhaust cause it won't work on a turbo bike. The heavy studs are a good idea as is a copper head gasket (maybe an o-ringed block). The copper gasket may weep a bit of oil but thats their nature sometimes. A turbo prepped head (valvetrain and timing included in here) would be different than a head prepped for carbs. If I were you I would just find a stock head and use it as a starting point and get it ready to run with a turbo. Your bottom end sounds plenty strong.

Comment

I didn't know you had all these pictures posted.

Why didn't you use this pipe?

Comment

?? weld a peg right onto the pipe??

I don't know about anyone else but I am a big fan of the short pipe
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Looks like it would fit in front of the bend if you wanted to use it. Looks like it was in good shape.

Comment

Lecroy, the rearsets put the peg right through the middle of that pipe. It was also pretty "fat" to sit on the bike with that pipe when I had stock pegs. I wanted to be able to have my legs tight to the bike. Plus it got really hot too... That pipe was in great shape and I sold it to pay for other parts. The new pipe hugs the bike a lot better and is wrapped to keep the heat off me.

Comment

That's too bad it would not work. I like the looks of it. Sounds like it wasn't a total loss.

Comment

looks like 1/2 a harley....
                    KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

LOL!! I like the looks of the Harley pipe.

Comment

sooooo do I
                        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

I heard that a lot when I told my friends I wasn't using that stock pipe. They all asked where I was going to find a similar one, and I just said "I'll make one". It's lighter, my leg doesn't sit over it, no difference in noise, and it would have been a crime to warp that nice chrome pipe (I wanted the pipe wrapped to keep the heat off my leg). Plus I have plans to cut the rear exhaust hanger off yet...

Comment

The first pipe I made for my bike burnt the back side of my leg after melting my laces and zipper. I figured I had more than enough clearance, but I guess not.
                            Leather boots stayed together or it would have been worse. Amazed at how little pain you feel with a little adrenaline rush going on. This was my attempt without the fancy heat shield.....

What's nice about this pipe is Terry sells the parts. You just cut them up, arrange them the way you want them, weld them and in my case ceramic coat them. The heat shield I am using actually came from a Mr. Turbo pipe that looks like the one your picture.

Comment

Working...
                            X