Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a GS1150EF engine fit in my gs750s frame????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will a GS1150EF engine fit in my gs750s frame????

Hi guys, Does anyone know if a 1984 gs1150ef engine will fit in a 1982 gs750s frame. The engine looks very similar to my gs750 lump so I though it might work.

I found a 84 1150ef for sale in my area for $1600 canadian, 6,000km on rebuilt engine. Is that a good deal? Below is some info on the bike in question...

Thanks
    Dave
    Last edited by Guest; 02-14-2007, 02:58 AM.

I've never done the swap but there have been several talented forum members that have. I believe that you will have to fabricate some motor mounts but that should be the extent of it.

Hap

Comment

Dave what's wrong with the 1150 that you want to tear its heart out? An 1150 as is will always be worth more than a "frankenbike" IMO. Ofc course if the bike is crashed that's another story

Comment

Originally posted by ScottMc1100L View Post
        Dave what's wrong with the 1150 that you want to tear its heart out? An 1150 as is will always be worth more than a "frankenbike" IMO. Ofc course if the bike is crashed that's another story

Well, the 1150 is not crashed but it looks like it would need some TLC. Instead of me spending a ton of cash souping-up my 750 motor to get no more than 90-100 ponies, It only makes sence to drop in a motor that has stock 114HP and with a few mods I think I could get it up to about 125HP.

This is a picture of the gs1150 I found.

Comment

That a real popular swap I guess. Isnt it called a 7/11 ?
          Ive been looking and wracking my brain but I cant remember where I saw it. A company on the internet sells the conversion motormounts for this swap. Im sure there is a swap covered here on GSR somewhere in the archives.

Comment

The cases should have the same dimensions. I remember something about having to create spacers for the lower motor mounts(?)I don't remember exactly the problem. Shouldn't be hard to overcome

Comment

Working...
            X