oh no..what did I do

Look at this thing.....................

Couldn't leave well enough alone...

KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Instagram: @rjmedia.tech, Updated more often, even from the events

Thank Gawd no-one ever claimed self control was one of your virtues.*:-D

Dink

Comment

apparently you have the same affliction as a lot of us on here - "can't leave well enough alonitis" :-D

Comment

I just watched a busa "PINKS" and want to go for a ride....prob a good thing she is in pieces.....aahahahahaha
        KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Just a little tune-up, Rob?

Comment

I am already planning for next winters turbo install....I got it bad this yr..
            KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

good thing I ripped her apart.

My cams (new web cams) are destroyed. large ridges in the journals. In another thread I posted pics of my freshly tested crank (600miles ago) before it was put together last time and it is .006 out. Checked myself this time.
              Throwing in the 1260, sending the crank to Stan Gardner back east for a complete crank and clutch job with strait cut gears.
              KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post

My cams (new web cams) are destroyed. large ridges in the journals. In another thread I posted pics of my freshly tested crank (600miles ago) before it was put together last time and it is .006 out. Checked myself this time.
                Throwing in the 1260, sending the crank to Stan Gardner back east for a complete crank and clutch job with strait cut gears.
                What a pain! New cams are a crap shoot. Break-in is so hard to get perfect and then even if they aren't surface hardened just right a perfect break-in makes no difference.

Comment

Originally posted by katman View Post

I have heard from more than one source that Web billets are too soft and that Megacycle makes a better product. My only personal experience has been with regrinds, CamMotion has worked well for me.

Dude, one thing-IMO, you have a beautiful bike with classic lines, don't clutter it up by putting a turbo on it. Turbos belong hidden under the hood of automobiles, not strapped externally on classic bikes. Just my opinion.

Let the flaming begin,
                  Ed.
                  Last edited by Guest; 02-21-2007, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oldschoolGS View Post
                    I have heard from more than one source that Web billets are too soft and that Megacycle makes a better product. My only personal experience has been with regrinds, CamMotion has worked well for me.

Dude, one thing-IMO, you have a beautiful bike with classic lines, don't clutter it up by putting a turbo on it. Turbos belong hidden under the hood of automobiles, not strapped externally on classic bikes. Just my opinion.

Let the flaming begin,
                    Ed.
                    Ed, I won't flame you. I like turbos myself.

First, I have been using Web for a little while without any problems. My friends have been using them for several years. Mine are very close to stock. Friends engines are all N/A and have a much higher lift. The only problem we have seen is when we did not have the rockers done. This wasn't Webs fault. Doesn't mean that there couldn't be bad cams being made, we just havn't seen them. Lots of assembly lube. I also take a lot more time with break-in now days.

Comment

Yeap I break my motor in at 1/8 mile at a time
                      1166cc 1/8 ET 6.09@111.88
                      1166cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.70@122.85
                      1395cc 1/8 ET 6.0051@114.39
                      1395cc on NOS, 1/8 ET 5.71@113.98 "With a broken wrist pin too"
                      01 Sporty 1/8 ET 7.70@92.28, 1/4 ET 12.03@111.82

Comment

Originally posted by RacingJake View Post
                        Yeap I break my motor in at 1/8 mile at a time
                        Y'know Jake short runs will kill a motor quicker than anything:-D

Dink

Comment

The odd thing about the cams is. The lobes are fine its the journals that are grooved and only 180 degrees, on both ends of both cams on the base circle side.
                          KATANA CUSTOMS/TECH

Comment

Originally posted by Dink View Post
                            Y'know Jake short runs will kill a motor quicker than anything:-D

Dink
                            Just as long as I can beat the other guy\\/ maybe that's why I'm always tearing it apart

Comment

Hey Rob can you post a pic of those cam's where the defect is???

Comment

Working...
                              X