Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billyboy View Post
    OK, sorry for the lack of updates for my subscribers... :roll: :-D

The fairing has been painted a silver/aluminum colour, and the windscreen has been cut down 2.5 inches. It's mounted on the bike and lookin' sweet. Pics as soon as I can.

The forks have been put back together and calipers gone through and bolted to the forks. My original caliper float (?), the part that lets it move laterally was siezed, but now all good. Progressive springs and 1.25 inch preload for my biggish frame.

My new front tire came in, but the tube they ordered was an off-road tube and twice the price of a regular tube. We're only talking $10 difference, but still. The local suzi shop wanted 1 hour labour to install. Like heck! I used to bust tires and won't have a problem mounting the rubber.

Oh yeah! I used paint stripper on the fork legs and my spare sprocket cover. Steel wool in increasingly finer grades and mothers polish. Looks great!
    Pics Billy!!!!!!!!!! Wanna see Wanna see

Comment

The painted fairing...

Comment

'Nother view.

Comment

Cockpit view. I cut down the windscreen by about 2.5 inches.

Comment

Nice, I like it. Are you going to straighten those signals out?

Comment

Thanks.
              They're a conglomeration of busted mounts, rebuild with pipe, and sagging like a potheads eyes. I don't like them. I want to mount new ones on the lower clamp, once I find ones I like.

Comment

Cockpit view. I cut down the windscreen by about 2.5 inches.
                Silk purse......Sow's ear.......
                way to go Billy.......
                you Rock

Comment

Originally posted by drhermanstein View Post
                  Silk purse......Sow's ear.......
                  way to go Billy.......
                  you Rock

Thanks Bud, I think.

I know where all the flaws are, so it's a big sow's ear to me, but it'll work, and well.

Comment

Looking really sharp Billy.
                    Like that siver fairing \\/
                    Did you keep your stock headlight and not go for the 8 incher??
                    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                    2000 Kawasaki Concours
                    Please wear ATGATT

Comment

I meant you've created a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Comment

Originally posted by drhermanstein View Post
                        I meant you've created a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
                        Aha! Ok then. Much thanks. I thought you might have been mentioning the old adage that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and that it still is just a sows ear, which I might tend to agree with. But it looks not too bad, if I do say so myself.

CA, If I could find the ears and bucket for an 8 incher I would switch, but this'll work for the time being.

Comment

Aha! Ok then. Much thanks. I thought you might have been mentioning the old adage that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, and that it still is just a sows ear, which I might tend to agree with. But it looks not too bad, if I do say so myself.

CA, If I could find the ears and bucket for an 8 incher I would switch, but this'll work for the time being.
                          I have your light here pal.

Comment

I'll take it. If you wanna Canada post it, I'll paypal you the cost.
                            Then I just gotta figure out how to mount it....

Comment

Yesterday I tried to mount the wheel on the forks. It went on the forks just fine, but when I tried to mount the calipers, I found that THE DISC IS TOO BIG!!!. (Imagine my frustration)

Upon investigation I saw that the right (E model) fork caliper mounts are about 1/2 inch lower than the left (C model) caliper mounts!!!

Would I be correct in assuming that Suzuki used a bigger disc on the C model single disc, and smaller diameter discs on the twin disc E model?

If this is the case, would I be able to simply used my spare rear 280mm disc on te right side?
                              I know it might look wonky, but it'd take a discerning eye to notice it.

Comment

Yup, the dual discs are smaller than the single. You should be able to find a pair of the smaller discs easily.

Comment

Working...
                                X